Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: SNOW!@$#@$#@

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy M
    If you've seen one snowflake, you've seen them all :) :) :) :) And I say that you'd freeze solid in no time flat. And after you're frozen solid, we can dress you in dorky outfits- so this is even more reason never to frolic in the snow. If I could figure out a way to send you a box of the stuff, I would do it :) Enjoy your day and am very happy that you are safe. Life wouldn't be as bright without you.
    Oh, I forgot....I can grow the hair on my legs long too, so that could give me a bit of extra warmth along with the body fat I have. See? lol

Dress me in dorky outfits? I bet you'd take pics too and post them to the board! ;)
    Enjoy my day....hmm....I think I might have to get some sleep first. lol

Dang, you discovered my secret for keeping warm. God help me if I were to ever get in a wreck and have to show off my satsquatch (so don't how to spell that) legs. But if I want to lose weight in a hurry, I just shave the fur off hahaha. Pounds just melt away :) :) :) :)

lol
    When hubby complains about stubble on my legs I tell him....why do I have to shave them? I'm married! lmao
    Plus it's my "winter fur". Then he reminds me it doesn't get cold here. I reminded him...yes it does, especially when he turns the a/c in the bedroom down to 15C !

That is his evil plot to get you to cuddle with him to stay warm :) :) :) Men can be sooooo devious.... and dang if it doesn't work every time hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy M
    That is his evil plot to get you to cuddle with him to stay warm :) :) :) Men can be sooooo devious.... and dang if it doesn't work every time hahaha.
    LMAO!! He steals all the covers and says he's cold! Mumbles something about me putting my cold feet on him, then rolls over. When I go to turn the air up, he yells about it being too hot in the room. UGH!! Why do you think I like him at sea? lol

But, you know.....I do miss the snow. I miss all the seasons.
    Tell ya what.....once I get back to the states, we should get a bunch of us together and we can go and have a HUGE snowball fight! :)

Blog Entries
    Last time I wanted to see snow, we drove up to the snow line and I had DH pull over into a parking lot. Jumped out of the car, made a snowball, threw it away coz it was cold (DUH!) shivered and decided that was enough winter for me. hehehe SO we drove back down the hill and enjoyed our snow-free winter.

You guys are a riot!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I love the snow, but it IS cold! So I stay in the house and let DH get the wood for the fire! LOL :lol: :lol:

BTW -- when the hair on my legs get to the point where I'm braiding it, I shave.....thought about donating it to Locks of Love.... :mrgreen:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by amandasgramma
    BTW -- when the hair on my legs get to the point where I'm braiding it, I shave.....thought about donating it to Locks of Love.... :mrgreen:
    That's why they have these things called long pants. They cover many sins. lol

Hey madquilter how many can share the blanket in your avitar?

more snow from last year
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruth Camp
    Hey madquilter how many can share the blanket in your avitar?
    hm, I had a hard time staying warm just by my lonesome. The pic was taken at Bodega Bay on the ocean in April and the wind blew right through me.

Wish I was there too!!!!!!!!

Ruth, that looks just like a picture postcard! SOOOO pretty!!!!

Dear Terri- just for your amusement- it was a whopping 29 degrees this morning when I got off work. I can tell you that my chubby fatness firmed right up (er... froze) and I looked thinner. But not to worry, it's about 45 degrees and heating right up. Wahoo.... we might hit 60 today. I am heading to bed with my flannel sheets. :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Here in Minnesota too! It was 32 this morning and they're calling for a freeze again tonight. It has been about 55degrees the last couple of days. Gorgeous to run around in sweatshirt and jeans in. I love fall but am not ready for the white stuff!

SNOW! I like the snow because it gives a better chance of a SNOW DAY! NO school no homework! YAY!

That is a beautiful picture!

For the past few days it has been raining here. Today is was SLEETING! I wore a short sleeved shirt to school too! It was COLD!

*Note to Self.... Wear a jacket!* :shock: :lol: :lol:

Well -- it's COLD here --- 20 degrees last night....not bad for an area that gets MINUS 20 in the winters....only problem is it's NOT WINTER! We didn't get the snow they promised......prayers DO work! :mrgreen:

I think they were getting it at Stevens' Pass in Washington State on Tuesday night.
    Mt. Rainier sure looks bare.
    It needs snow but way up there!!!
    Kirsten

Oh, come on you woosies!!
    Just send the snow to me!!
    You all know that if you didn't like it, you'd all be in Florida by now lol

Quote Originally Posted by KO24
    I think they were getting it at Stevens' Pass in Washington State on Tuesday night.
    Mt. Rainier sure looks bare.
    It needs snow but way up there!!!
    Kirsten
    Mt. Hood is impressive for this early in the year....So is Mt. Bachelor. This skiers have to be in 7th heaven! :mrgreen:

I always threaten my dearly beloved husband that if he gets me close to the airport, I am sooo out of here and will be someplace warm :):) Maybe when we retire ...... uh, let's see, according to the latest social security estimates, I will be 87 1/2 years old before I can retire. Pretty sure I'll be a stuffed animal in the corner by then. I really want to know how the social security office comes up with those stupid numbers. Evil twits.

Blog Entries
    Ok we have had snow flurries for the last 4 nights ( MA, Maine, NH, and Vermont. The upper parts of the states.

I'd take snow flurries over rain and this heat/humidity any day!

well -- we had temps cold enough to cause us to turn on the furnace....but STILL no snow!!! I think the weatherman should be fired!!!! :shock:

Quote Originally Posted by amandasgramma
    well -- we had temps cold enough to cause us to turn on the furnace....but STILL no snow!!! I think the weatherman should be fired!!!! :shock:
    What's a furnace??? ;)

oh dear -- snow this morning -- a smattering. It's COMING!!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast