Snow day...sew day!

Old 02-05-2014, 10:24 AM

I guess here in louisiana we're having a heat wave. compared to you all. ( which I will take) Temp. is 46 with the wind blowing like a hurricane so feels much colder. But the Sun is out so I'll still stay in my sewing room where I have been since october.. Stay warm All
<input id="mac_address" value="" type="hidden"><input id="mac_address" value="" type="hidden">
<input id="mac_address" value="" type="hidden">
Old 02-05-2014, 12:50 PM

Snow day-sew day for me here in central IN, also. I slept in, put a pot of chili on and have been in my sewing room ever since. Not sure if today is our 9th or 10th day off. Two of those days have been 'forgiven' by the state DOE and we ad no 'hit' days built into our calendar this year. Imagine we will be going into June but I would gladly give up one of our two weeks of our spring vacation. I'm really enjoying my sewing time today!
Old 02-05-2014, 12:55 PM

I knew housework was bad for you!
I, too have a "snow" (work from home) day. I finished what I promised to do from home and now I am going downstairs to do some sewing.
Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
Okay doing the vacuuming was a bad choice today. I did something to my lower back right down where the pelvis is. I am now sitting very carefully in a comfortable chair with the heating pad and pain killers. No sewing or anything else for me today!
Old 02-05-2014, 01:46 PM
Power Poster

mother nature tricked us today... less than predicted snow overnight, then a morning of quiet. so we gathered for our weekly quilting bee. i left at 11 am to deliver meals on wheels and the skies opened up! no one should have been out there. all the recipients were grateful for their deliveries. then i had to take my aunt to an appointment and the car was buried by the time we finished... so glad to be home. the good thing is that i don't have to go out again until next monday
Old 02-05-2014, 02:03 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Sounds like a great day !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-06-2014, 06:13 AM
Power Poster

I am loving this snow, from the inside looking out, getting so much sewing done. I got out some of my ufo's and am going to town on them. Some of them I forgot I even had so it is fun. I'll need snow until july though to get caught up.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by CharlotteO View Post
I do morning housework, afternoon sewing. Get a little of each done. Of course, everything shut down doesn't bother me much as I am a retiree. That being said, this has been a long miserable winter here in OH. Good thing I have lots of toys to play with in my sewing room.
Two inches of snow, and still snowing. Woohoo! I now have all day to do the appliqué tutorial I was planning to have done yesterday! (DH made me such a deal yesterday, that I had to take him up on it. He offered to take me out to dinner if I did his federal and state taxes for him. Such a deal!)
Old 02-06-2014, 03:06 PM

Enough already....................
Old 02-06-2014, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by zennia View Post
I am loving this snow, from the inside looking out, getting so much sewing done. I got out some of my ufo's and am going to town on them. Some of them I forgot I even had so it is fun. I'll need snow until july though to get caught up.
If you're in Upstate New York, you just might have the snow until July! I'm originally from Oswego and my family still in that area are sick of it!
Old 02-07-2014, 05:00 AM

We had an ice day on Thursday. So much ice build-up on trees and on power lines, so many people without power! Thank goodness my husband bought a generator that we could run our freezer and frig, Tv sometimes, computer sometimes. I was sewing when the power went out so it was a surprise when I went into my sewing room. I didn't remember what was still on. I just closed the door - trying to keep the essential rooms(bathroom and kitchen) warm! The fireplace helped a bit. I hand sewed a quilt label. Too bad I didn't have any binding to do. I was planning and cutting a border but some of the fabrics weren't iron. My dear sisters told me to get Gramma's old iron and sit it in the fireplace! Hubby went back to work today so I'll be playing catch up