Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Snow on its way

nor'easter - that's right. The operative word is MIGHT

Quote Originally Posted by COYOTEMAGIC View Post
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO She said/typed a 4-letter word!!!!!!!
    I think so too!

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    Quilterlois: I am so glad you got the snow on the eastern side of the state: Over here in western side : we only got frost !LOL ... I'll take that ! LOL
    Called my daughter who lives over on that side and she said it was snowing too, a friend who lives over there called me as well to tell me it was snowing and she was just outside taking pictures of it as she never knew she could take pictures of the snow (amazing what happens when one googles/bings things eh LOL)...
    Bless you all's pee picking hearts that you all got SNOW... and I didn't
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!
    yep, snow is possible here by the weekend too but only because of the "perfect storm" brewing off the east coast now. prayers for the east coast, jamaica and cuba who it looks like will see 100 mph winds.
    You never stand taller than when you stoop to help a child.

Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsM View Post
    I think so too!
    well according to the news MrsM if you are still in NY; you should hold onto your hat!
    You never stand taller than when you stoop to help a child.

that white stuff is here also
    Mona Marie
    I am too Blessed to be stressed and too Anointed to be disappointed

BMP
    Blog Entries
    Tou all have me wondering now , I am in NY and havent paid any attention to the weather in days.....

Blog Entries
    Just read that Hurricane Sandy may hit just before Halloween.
    If she get a blast of cold air from Canada she will hit around
    Delaware and everyone above on the North East coast will
    get SNOW.

Glad I am in the South.

J J
    J J (jbj137)

I am a G.R.I.T.
    G = girl R =raised I = in T = the S = South

Power Poster
    We are having abnormally high temps the last two days but by the weekend in the 40's. Hope you don't get hit too hard, it might be a longgg winter.

BMP
    Blog Entries
    I just watched the WC and I didnt hear anything about SNOW for us but they did say extremley high winds and millions will be without power....the storm surge will be another concern for those on the coast. I am glad we are inland but the power outages have me concerned especially with the temps dropping like they are predicting !

Here in Maryland, we are doing the same thing, but we are preparing for Hurricane Sandy. It is down rigging week end
    here in Chestertown, big festival planned. We are expecting many of the very old ships from around the world here in port.
    Last year we had gale force winds that canceled part of it, including the Parade of Ships. Please pray for our power
    grids and trees.
    Kaye Jacobson Salverda

PLEASE do not say the "S" word!!!! Once it starts coming it doesn't stop!!!

It is 83 here in KY today but tomorrow rain is coming in and night temps are going down in the 30s. Be safe everyone.
    Pam Riggs

It's in the mid 80s here. The weather has to stay good for the Georgia-Florida game on Saturday!!! No rain, please!

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Barri1, you'd best batten down the hatches as the east coast (north of maryland) is expected to get a "Franken-storm" starting later this weekend and lasting for days, well into next week. This *could* be pretty serious. Hurricane, along with eastern moving storm, along with cold front from Canada, along with full moon affecting tides to create the perfect storm scenario. Best for all of us to follow the weather channel regularly for the next 72 hours.

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19552.html

Quote Originally Posted by BMP View Post
    Tou all have me wondering now , I am in NY and havent paid any attention to the weather in days.....
    Well my Friend,

You better start paying attention cause Hurricane Sandy is on her way. She is set to arrive around Halloween.

Say Hi to her for me.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

They are saying Hurricane Sandy could cause snow in the mid Atlantic next week. Not looking forward to that but getting ready this weekend. Take care.

Dee
    Depending on Sandy, we may get a dusting very soon.

We've had snow here in Lumby British Columbia Canada, but it hasn't stuck around. Our local ski hill is sure looking white.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sailsablazin View Post
    Didn't think that the Pacific Northwest gets weather that you had to prepare for...thought it was pretty temperate---unless you are in Canada.
    Depends on where in the PNW ChasingHawk is... If she's on the eastern side of the state, or at a higher elevation, she very well could get a lot of snow. I live in the Portland Metro area, which is nestled in a valley, and it is very temperate here - snow that sticks is rare.

"They" are saying we're supposed to have a very warm and very wet winter, but I'm wondering. There have been lots of bizarre sightings of wildlife in urban/suburban areas, such as a cougar and multiple bears. Makes me wonder what they know that we don't.
    Last edited by Peckish; 10-25-2012 at 10:34 PM.

I love to go out at night when it is snowing. It is such a peacwful time to take a walk.

BMP
    Blog Entries
    I have now been watching the storm info on the WC, no mention of SNOW for us and only a possibility of it west of our area and only if the cold air mass does dip down. What they are warnign us about is the high winds and rain 3-5 inches !!!

in front of this dang computer instead of my Bernina!(Naples, Florida)
    Our house is ready...
    the hoses are put up
    the dog's water buckets are plugged in
    the dog's heater (those ones that look like the old radiator heaters but filled with oil)
    the trucks have antifreeze and de-icer in the windshield washer container
    And the survival packs are stowed away in the trucks.
    propane bottles and heaters are in the garage along with a propane stove.
    and most important a small generator is on standby[/QUOTE]

Here in the Sunshine State, we prepare for different disasters, and we are thankful "Sandy" is passing us by. I forget just how much work preparing for winter is. But I do miss snow (sorry, Coyote, I used that four-letter word). Enjoy it for me. Non-stop sun gets boring.
    aka Chicken McLittle

If it's true we learn from our mistakes, I'm going to be a genius!

Quote Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
    Depends on where in the PNW ChasingHawk is... If she's on the eastern side of the state, or at a higher elevation, she very well could get a lot of snow. I live in the Portland Metro area, which is nestled in a valley, and it is very temperate here - snow that sticks is rare.

"They" are saying we're supposed to have a very warm and very wet winter, but I'm wondering. There have been lots of bizarre sightings of wildlife in urban/suburban areas, such as a cougar and multiple bears. Makes me wonder what they know that we don't.
    We live at the foothills of the Cascades on the Eastern side of that mountain range. Due to the high mountain known as Mt. Bachelor, we get blasted pretty good with winter weather. Our first year here we got a couple of feet of snow in the yard, the next year......5-6 feet!! So we have learned to get the property ready in October cause after that we may not get the chance. Our neighbor plows our driveway and the cul-de-sac. Since gas prices are through the roof lately we stock up on groceries and such so if anything bad happens were prepared. And we don't have to leave the house unless we get restless or I run out of quilting supplies......lol
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnnMc View Post
    Our house is ready...
    the hoses are put up
    the dog's water buckets are plugged in
    the dog's heater (those ones that look like the old radiator heaters but filled with oil)
    the trucks have antifreeze and de-icer in the windshield washer container
    And the survival packs are stowed away in the trucks.
    propane bottles and heaters are in the garage along with a propane stove.
    and most important a small generator is on standby
    Here in the Sunshine State, we prepare for different disasters, and we are thankful "Sandy" is passing us by. I forget just how much work preparing for winter is. But I do miss snow (sorry, Coyote, I used that four-letter word). Enjoy it for me. Non-stop sun gets boring.

Last time I lived in Florida (Ft. Lauderdale area) was just before Hurricane Andrew hit. It's lovely down there, but I don't miss the humidity, mosquitoes and those flying palmetto bugs!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast