Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Snow!!

Blog Entries

Snow!!

Now, this is how it's supposed to look here! But it hasn't much this winter. Good day to stay inside and have leftover chili for supper, after playing with fabric all afternoon. Hubby is outside on his ATV with the plow blade on it, playing!

You can see that I did not venture out to take these pics, just opened the door and stuck the camera out -- I'm a chicken, and I like to keep my feet warm.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Reading, cooking, sewing in retirement! Heaven!
    I'm proud to say that I'm a member of the Quilt A Month Club for the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative! www.alzquilts.org
    I have a blog on QB now -- please drop in!

And here in Merten Wisconsin all we had was rain and 50 degrees go figure
    Sandy

Blog Entries
    ah, leslie, a gal after my own heart. i don't like the snow either we didn't get nice fluffy snow like you did, we got rain, sleet, then snow - so now just slush
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Sura am glad it went north of Iowa. Looks pretty though.
    Mary

I'm done with all the snow, well I'm done but mother nature isn't listening to our evening news and we're going to get dumped on again tonight and DH the bugger is in Cali right now.

I live in SE MN and all we got was rain with a few flurries that didn't stay on the ground as it was too warm.

Blog Entries
    Looks like we got 12"! It is wet and heavy, heavy, heavy. But my dear hubby got the driveway cleared, and the town did the road, so I should be able to get out tomorrow for volunteering, assuming that we do not get dumped on again!
    I'm proud to say that I'm a member of the Quilt A Month Club for the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative! www.alzquilts.org

Blog Entries
    I just had to mention when I saw your title and your name I immediately thought of the poem by Leslie Frost. "Walking by woods on a snowy evening" Your pictures fit right in.
    Mary Katherine
    marykayhopkins123.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    Leslie, we got snow here in ND also. I always look forward to these days because I have "snow days", where I don't have to go anywhere, fire in fireplace, quilting or a good book. We haven't had many here this year, and we missed the 6" they said we were supposed to have. So now I look forward to what is next.

Have a great day.

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    Its snowing here in the Western Slope of Colorado this am .. started out with LARGE flakes now they are small and sticking to the ground .. oh joyful ride to work !LOL
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Ava
    Blog Entries
    It snowed here tuesday evening and by wedesday it was all melted. They say the
    Black Hills is the bannan belt of South Dakota. I don't care for it. I like snow all winter long.
    I know I am crazy.

Oh my, low 80's in Texas, muggy, lots of morning fog, very overcast. Stay warm
    Quilting makes me happy!..

We got clobbered with it last night here in Oregon - - - and oh, it so beautiful!! Hard to get anything done when your nose is pressed to the window. DH is from Canada and unimpressed - - and I think is ready to put a muzzle on me to shut me up! :-)

Marysewfun
    Marysewfun
    Have a great day!

Snow

We got clobbered with it last night here in Oregon - - - and oh, it so beautiful!! Hard to get anything done when your nose is pressed to the window. DH is from Canada and unimpressed - - and I think is ready to put a muzzle on me to shut me up! :-)

Marysewfun
    Marysewfun
    Have a great day!

We got 15 inches near Antigo WI area... and it is VERY heavy. I am ready for spring but.. at the same time it is also very beautiful. lol. We really do need the moisture because our lakes are going to be very low again this year. We are not even near our normals for the year.
    Faye

We had about 5 inches in eastern SD but also had 1 1/3 in. of rain but it is melting already- supposed to get near 50 next week.

Power Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by LeslieFrost View Post
    Now, this is how it's supposed to look here! But it hasn't much this winter. Good day to stay inside and have leftover chili for supper, after playing with fabric all afternoon. Hubby is outside on his ATV with the plow blade on it, playing!

You can see that I did not venture out to take these pics, just opened the door and stuck the camera out -- I'm a chicken, and I like to keep my feet warm.
    WOW..Brings back memories. I was born and raised near Pittsburg Pa. We had lots of snow. I moved to Buffalo NY
    and spent many years there.....I now live in South Carolina and don't miss it at all...it is 80 degrees today and was the same yesterday...keep warm..

but, it's just so darned pretty

Snow? What's snow? I live on the Texas Guld Coast where the temp today is 77. Cold front coming in with low temps of 41 maybe. Only used fireplace once this year. Send some of the snow to me please.

Move to TX,it is 70,hard to stay in quilt

Here in mid Wis. we have the warmest winter in over 50 yrs. At this min. it is snowing and we can have 6" yet tonight.
    We don`t mind, as it will not stay more than a day, it should be in the 40`s by mon. Yesterday I pulled weeds from my
    catus bed , and put in some Preen to hold the weeds down in summer. We are sooo blessed here.

Blog Entries
    Wow - glad that I'm not there ! I saw my first ROBIN today {NE PA}

I'm your neighbor to the north in Bennett. We got 18" on Wednesday and at least 4" so far today.

Blog Entries
    We had more snow here also, both yesterday and today. Maybe we're getting most of our winter in March this year! But the forecast is for warm temps next week -- it will all melt and we'll tumble right into mud season. Oh well........

Blog Entries
    Michigan was a mess this WE...gee whiz, when it wasn't snowing it was raining, and windy...boy oh boy DH started generator just to be ready....I knew we would get it all in March...LOL
    Retired and living in NE Michigan