Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Snow

Snow

In Tucson. Lots of it.

That storm is headed my way!!
    Have a great day sewing and remember to "not sweat the small stuff"!!

we are getting it in Co too, a lot I hope
    Jo

We are getting it too! Work has been cancelled for tomorrow, guess I'll get to work on my quilt! Yeah!!!

So Cal got it this morning. The High Desert got several inches. But it was gone by noon, but it left the cold.

Blog Entries
    i saw that on the news this morning... thinking to myself that i'm glad i'm not there... then they said it's coming our way
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

We are just starting to get snow here in SW Iowa. Supposed to get 8-11 inches.
    Aronel aka Lee

Super Member Luv Quilts and Cats's Avatar
    I hope everyone is safe and warm during the storm. It's going to hit us in New Hampshire Saturday night into Sunday morning. They are calling for at least 6 inches, maybe a foot. Won't know more until it gets closer I guess. We just had that blizzard a couple of weeks ago. Well, it is winter in New Hampshire.
    Luv Quilts and Cats
    Never underestimate the healing effects of beauty. - Florence Nightingale

We got a dusting last night. Still cold enough to put the dogs up in the garage and the shop at night.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

First major snowfall in 2 years ... and we need it. It's approximately 10" ... and blowing and cold .... all activity is at a standstill! just love it!!!!
    Make it a scrappy happy day!

Marymo, I have about 8 inches of snow on the ground and expecting 1-2 inches more to come before it's over. I'm grateful I'm lucky to be off today. Yea!

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Always nice when this stuff comes in on a Thursday late afternoon/evening so we can miss work/school/shopping/dr. appointments on Friday and have a long sewing weekend!! We're due sleet/rain/snow tonight and into the morning, so most things are closed or on a 2 hour delay for us tomorrow. Only thing I'm missing out on is a planned lunch date with an old high school friend then a visit to her house to work on her computer. We can easily reschedule and I can sew all day! YES!

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19552.html

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryMo View Post
    First major snowfall in 2 years ... and we need it. It's approximately 10" ... and blowing and cold .... all activity is at a standstill! just love it!!!!
    You must be in the St Louis area. I'm only 40 minutes from Springfield all we got was approx 3 inches of snow but it was the sleet that was bad. I couldn't get out my back door til after 1 in the afternoon. Both doors were a solid sheet of ice.It rained long and hard with thunder-lightening and 30 mph gusts.Lost the lights for a couple hours.Glad I took my Pops to the stores earlier in the day.Our schools are closed again today. GDs are getting a 4 day week-end

Blog Entries
    Mid-Michigan is getting it now, there was nothing when I got up at 6, by 6:45 when the dogs and I headed to the barn to tend horses we had about 1 1/2 inches. Coming back from the barn at least 2 inches and it continues to come down by inches! Hubby is away visiting daughter in Oregon so guess who gets to plow this morning?

We got almost 6" in IL across from St. Louis, MO. 2 snow days in a row. Lots of sewing being accomplished.

Snow days can be so much fun, as long as you don't lose your electricity! Bring our the hot cocoa and the quilting projects.

Snow days can be so much fun, as long as you don't lose your electricity! Bring out the hot cocoa and the quilting projects.

I am in Kansas and we got 17 inches with wind. Really needed the moisture but not the drifts so much.