Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: The Snuglet Pattern

Blog Entries
    I came across this pattern, and with Christmas quickly approaching, I thought some of you may find this a useful gift idea.

http://www.sissonfamily.com/Sewingro...thesnuglet.pdf

OMGoodness Amma. That is so cute & looks a lot like the Snuggies they advertise. If I get time I'll have to make one or two. With my Sewing Business I never know what's coming & going in my door.

I cut the big Heart out that you sent me the pattern for, but it has to take backseat to more pant alterations. I enjoy challenges & this will be one of them. The Dau said if this one is too small for what her Mother wants that she'll take it, & bring me more fabric for her Mother's. Thanks again so much for EQ6ing the pattern for me. Nite.

Blog Entries
    On her website she said they were about $50 where she lives :shock: I thought $25 plus shipping was expensive.... :roll:

You are Welcome 8) If you need a bigger heart let me know, I can make it bigger very easily...I just posted that one as a starting point.

Thanks Amma. Nite or morning - almost 2:30am & I'm still sewing to get an order out by tomorrow. I've been looking at pics & have to get busy.

What a great pattern. Even I could make one of those. And it is cold here again this morning,sure could use one! :lol: :lol:

Thank you for posting that! I think I have something to make for my Dad that he will love. I'm thinking a golf print!

Thank you, Amma! I just kept thinking that they just couldn't be that hard to make, and I was trying to figure out how to do so. I appreciate this.

Blog Entries
    Thank you for sharing this Amma, it looks really cozy.

I made one from this pattern and found that the measurements they give for the arm hole openings for the sleeves are a bit small. If I were to make it again I would make the openings a bit larger.

It's a cute pattern and it's super easy to make. :)

S.D.

I want to make a couple for gifts, a lot of teens in the family. Can someone figure the change in measurements to make the sleeves bigger... kids nowday are on the super size :D :D

Thanks, Amma!
    My mom just gave me some stretchy kind of fabric...not fleece...more like a velour surface, but stretchy. Don't know what you call it, but five yards is heavy.
    Maybe I'll secure it to flannel on the back and make her one of these. She sits and sleeps in her recliner a lot. :D

Thanks Amma. Will make several for folks that need 'em.

Blog Entries
    thanks so much for the pattern....looks easy and so warm

Blog Entries
    This is a very useful pattern. Thanks!

Wow, can't believe it, was just thinking this AM if I could find a pattern for the snuggly, will be a great xmas gift for DD. Both her and GS have MD so on the thin side and both are always cold. DD reads a lot so loves to cuddle under a blanket. Thanks for sharing. Now off to the store to look for some nice cat fleece.

Thanks sew much for the pattern. I took measurements off one my sister bought just so she could have a pattern. This is so succinct and the hints about changing the arm holes is good to know. I suspect making adjustments will not be that difficult! I have the fleece ready! :lol:

Blog Entries
    You are all welcome :D :D :D

I would measure a sweatshirt or other loose fitting garments arm holes and then adjust the one on the pattern and then adjust the pattern to match...I am going to make mine bigger so that I have plenty of wiggle room inside of it :wink:

Washington State summer, Sun City AZ winter
    I bought a couple of these Snuggies but always wondered about making one as it seems to be something that could easily be made.

When I was looking at the ones I bought, I was thinking about making a "pocket" in the bottom that you'd put your feet in. (Fold up a certain amount of fabric and sew at the sides.) I always seem to have a problem with any cover shifting and my feet getting cold air on them and not covered fully. Of course, I'd have to be careful about getting up and tripping!

Blog Entries
    What a great idea, adding on foot pockets :D :D :D