Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
So Happy Alot of you are Back >

So Happy Alot of you are Back

So Happy Alot of you are Back

Old 11-07-2011, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by Sheila_H View Post
I was mad as everyone about the new board, hated it, threatened to leave but when I started seeing all the questions, and i knew the Mods were bombarded I stuck around to help others out. This is the first board I found where I felt like I was part of something, and saw members here as my friends that I looked forward to talking to, this board is my home. When your family has upsets and trouble you don't turn your back and walk away, you dig in and ride it out at least thats what my dad taught me.
Ditto!!! Very well said and I think this is how a lot of people feel!
Old 11-08-2011, 12:52 AM

I just don't know what to do.Connie in CO
Old 11-08-2011, 05:53 AM
Power Poster

A lot of those posts sounded like two year olds throwing temper tantrums. I felt bad just reading how grown adults could act that way. I had made up my mind to hang around and accept the changes. Sure are easier than losing pets or spouses, those are the only changes I don't like. Glad some are coming back.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:04 AM

I agree with stitchripper, I guess it will just take time.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:07 AM
bj

I'm here, and I'll stick around. I figure some of the complaints/suggestions will be addressed at some time (like on the old board format, that's how we got so many new forums). For now, I'm just trying to muddle through as best I can (which is pretty slow going) I like the look of the new board, though. For now, I'm taking notes and snooping around! (O: I just edited this post and realize you can delete a post. We couldn't do that before, I don't think. Awesome!

Last edited by bj; 11-08-2011 at 06:10 AM.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:19 AM

I,too was a very long time lurker...and have seen many people come and go over the years. I'm very glad to see that the recent changes haven't deterred the quilting family spirit of kindness, generosity and helpfulness to all who come here for quilting companions and all things quilting related. My thanks to the board for many positive changes,though it may be a struggle getting there,the end result is seeing the activity resume and all who want to participate do so in the quilting family spirit.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:28 AM

Still having trouble finding my way around to seeing the new posts that may be of interest, but keep trying!!!
Old 11-08-2011, 06:29 AM

Here I am on vacation just can't stay away from this board. I am in Mississippi now headed to Florida. Just had to try this AGAIN. Still lost but not as bad but can't give up. Like they said before we don't give up on our Quilts. Everyone hang in there just work on a section at a time it will get easier. HUGS TO ALL
Old 11-08-2011, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by familyfun View Post
I know there was a struggle the first few days of this change on the board.. I am still struggling thru trying to find things. Most of all I Hate the search. even the Advanced one.

I have still been logging on everyday and it seems there were not many new post or questions about quilting.
But now it is great.. just like before Lots of wonderful post to read again.

Thank you all for posting again. I enjoy reading all of it.
I'm glad you and everyone else decided to stick around. I had my doubts at first but once again I am on here to much of the time.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:04 AM

I'm not a two year old I'm 74 and I'm not throwing a temper tantrum just totally frustrated. It's difficult to learn new things again. "old dog - new tricks" I think at this age I should be able to express my opinion. How does one reach 'Search'. OK here goes.....I don't like the new board.....