Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
So Many Embroidery Machines on CL Lately? >

So Many Embroidery Machines on CL Lately?

So Many Embroidery Machines on CL Lately?

Old 03-06-2018, 05:24 AM
Power Poster

A few years ago I was on a kick where I wanted an embroidery machine but then lost interest. It's a good thing because I have no interest in it. My Bernina does a million things and I don't use 90% of them!
The embroidery I did for my boys things were done on my regular machine. Maybe if I sewed for girls it would be different.
Old 04-15-2018, 08:42 AM

It's possible too that the machines are no longer supported.....I have a Viking Iris sewing/embroidery machine that I used strictly for embroidery(although it sews beautiful but I have other machines). I bought it new and found out at the Sewing Expo a few years ago that it is no longer supported on computers that have been upgraded to anything newer than Windows 10. So unless I keep one computer with that OS, I can't use it to download anything from any embroidery website. I can still use it with Viking embroidery cards but that's very limited selection.
I tried to sell it, and made full disclosure in my ad about this, so of course no interest in it. Maybe other sellers aren't pointing that out.....
So I will probably just sell off all the embroidery extras and keep the machine for a backup for sewing.