Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
So, what's in YOUR bedside table?! >

So, what's in YOUR bedside table?!

So, what's in YOUR bedside table?!

Old 06-30-2009, 07:27 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Mplsgirl
It's amazing we all have to have immediate access to our reading material! BTW Just wanted to pass on something I heard: Chocolate is God's way of apologizing for okra. teehee
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 06-30-2009, 07:45 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Mplsgirl
It's amazing we all have to have immediate access to our reading material! BTW Just wanted to pass on something I heard: Chocolate is God's way of apologizing for okra. teehee
Oh you are so funny. Anyway I accept the apology. MMMMMM chocolate. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 06-30-2009, 08:23 AM
Power Poster

OK, here goes!

Top: white lamp with red shade (DH bought for me years ago), phone
1st drawer: all my hair thingies, barrettes, pontytail holders etc. Tums, icyhot for my bad back, book lite, books, bible, rosary that belonged to my grandmother, the box that my engagement ring and wedding band came in many years ago, candles, flashlight, loose change, litle cars and trucks that belong to my son when he was little, scissors, and I don't know what else.
2nd drawer nighties, mostly worn and comfortable!
3rd drawer socks! undies bras! and a pair of hose that haven't been worn for 5 yrs. :wink:
Old 07-01-2009, 07:16 PM
Power Poster

I can't see whats in mine through the thick layer of dust on top and the army of dust bunnies that guard the drawers.....although I have balanced a book by David Baldachi on the top of all that so I can read before I go to sleep. :wink:
Old 07-02-2009, 09:31 AM

On top I have quilts waiting to be gifted(it is down to only 4 now). A tin with hair thingies in it, and a small stack of tissues. Open the doors and you find quilting and craft books of an assorted nature. The headboard of my bed is a whole other story, though.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:57 AM

LOL Yes, our drawers (not just your bedroom nightstand) tell a lot about us. We had a radio station here in N. Calif that used to have a contest on your kitchen junk drawer. What a hoot that was to listen to what people had in them! Of course it was nice if you had named off the object that the DJ was looking for, then you got that day's prize.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:25 PM

Well, the drawers hold just underwear & socks, tho I think there might be some old letters in one and cassett tapes to help you lose weight--no, they didn't work. On top is a lamp, a book I've finished, one I'm reading, a couple of Guidepost magazines I've finished, phone, nail clips, foot cream, callous remover, and eye drops. I have a terrible time keeping that thing cleared off. :D
Old 07-02-2009, 04:05 PM

On the top: Books, books, books and more books. Small jewelry box, lip gloss, eye drops, hand lotion and tissue.

Top drawer: 7x magnification mirror, eyebrow tweezers, candles, matches, flashlight

Bottom drawer: Hymnbook, another jewelry box,
Old 07-02-2009, 05:38 PM

Hmm, lets see.. on top is a lamp, clock radio, picture of my DH, a box that I keep cards in (from Hallmark), my arm wrist guard and a heart shaped locket (hanging from the lamp)..and some dust.. (yes I need to get up there and dust)
Inside the top drawer are things that my kids have made me..
Middle drawer has little outfits from my eldest kids..
lower drawer has a 3 ring binder full of love letters from my DH that he wrote me when we were dating.
Old 07-03-2009, 07:53 AM

My bedside table is small, only has room for my lamp, a personal CD player, coaster sitting in front of player & at the end of the stack of books, book light lying on top of the CD player, stack of books in front of lamp. A shelf below the one drawer, where it is 2 rows deep with books.

Now for the contents of the drawer: there are 4 pens (2 work, I think). But one is a pink ribbon pen and that is why I keep it. A deck of cards, tissues, and a small book by Jay Alan Sekulow titled Knowing Your Rights. Also 6 booklets from Precept Ministries International, The Inductive Bible Study People. A stenographer tablet/journal. I must have slight desire to journal occasionally or someone in my family thinks I should because I found, a blank journal that has a quilt print cover, a snap closure, hardback blank journal, plus 2 other journals slightly started one in 1996 & 2001. Reading back was kind of fun/interesting. Also there was a notepad and the instruction booklet that came with the CD player and a tiny miniature of a FedEx box that once had a single piece of gum. Well that is the bed side table but my bookcase headboard is another whole story.

I have my Bible, daily devotions and other book here. Also book behind those doors. And as you see a sm. bell collection plus some miniature furniture.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]39346[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-39346.jpe