A Soldier Story

Old 03-26-2011, 01:33 PM

THE TRUTH IS - THIS GUY IS A COMPLETE CON-ARTIST.
Old 03-26-2011, 01:37 PM

Con-Artist ? you know it could happen there are people out there that want to be...but dont have the stuff to do it for real. And there are Laws against it.
Old 03-26-2011, 01:41 PM

His name is Jeffrey David Loving. I picked him up on I-26 in Charleston, SC in 2007 telling the same story. I gave him money and food. My friend gave him a house. I had the home overhauled through donations. My friends and family gave him furniture, food, and clothing. I got him a job and bought him a pickup truck. I allowed him into my family with my wife and 4 daughters and all of my friends and neighbors. Yes, I appreciated what he said he had done for our country, for us. It was the least I could do since I did not fight that war. He turned out to be a drug addict who hangs out on the shady side of town doing drugs with prostitutes. He stole and pawned everything he could take from my best friend who employed him. He even stole my best friend's girlfriend's car to go get high. When he was caught, my friend was arrested for assaulting Jeff for the theft. I put Jeff on a bus to Florida the next day and told him not to come back to my town. I gave back everything he ever was given to the people who gave it to him and I sold the truck I bought for him. My 4 girls still ask about Jeff to this very day. They ask me if he is still alive and what I think he is doing. I tell them that I hope so. I hope that Jeff remembers the time that God gave him a second chance. He had a home, a truck, a great job, and a family here. He blew it and still walks the streets hooked on drugs taking advantage of the kindness of people towards soldiers. Maybe one day he will clean himself up and turn his life around.
Old 03-26-2011, 01:49 PM

Gunny, I'm sorry but this is true. I am very connected in this town. This guy was totally set up by all of my friends within 2 days. Twayne Meyers is Special Forces. I took Jeff to his office. When Twayne saw Jeff in the uniform he uses to con everyone, they started talking in code about certain places. Twayne is one tough guy and the last man you want to fool with. He reached into his pocket, gave me a huge wad of cash and a set of keys. He said, buy him clothes, food, everything he needs. Take him to this house, it is his so long as he cleans it up. Rent is free for 2 months. Yes, my friends were giving. Then I heard from Twayne, in a few days, Jeff called and said he "lost" his money and needed more. Witnesses told me where he had been over time. It really sucks. It was a beautiful thing my friends did and we all had high hopes.
Old 03-26-2011, 02:18 PM

Its those people who try and see good in everyone always come with a bad taste in there mouth about people in the service. there are fakes out there, But there are also Heros..
Old 03-26-2011, 02:46 PM

Tears, tears, thanks for sharing, you know the saying of who it might be that you pick up along the way(it might be Jesus) thank you for being a good Samaritan we should all be inspired to reach out to others in the same way.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:18 PM

As the mother of a soldier who has several tours in Iraq and Afghanistan, I want to thank you from the depths of my heart for your love and care for Sgt. Loving. Be assured that he will remember you and your care for the rest of his life. God Bless you.
Old 03-27-2011, 12:04 PM

Thank you.
Old 03-27-2011, 12:25 PM

God bless you. Thank you for showing compassion when so many chose to ignore and drive past.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:53 AM

Doug, you may have just helped an angel.

"Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it."
Hebrews 13:2

May God truly bless you and your family abundantly.