Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Some things that make my day happy!

A spontaneous hug from teenaged granddaughter
    Quilting time
    Smell of fresh mown grass
    Blackhawks winning 6th game moving on to game 7--GO HAWKS
    Enough money to pay bills every month
    My health
    My wonderful daughters helping me
    Getting all the weeds pulled in my garden

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Waking after the *best* dream with a smile on my face--it was all about a great haircut, haha!
    Waking up to bright shining sun when the weather report had said thunderstorms all day.
    An unexpected offer to help move comes by phone call.
    Finding one last frozen burger pattie in the 'frig when I was SO hungry for a hamburger for lunch.
    Realizing I've turned a corner in recovery from back surgery and now have the energy to seriously get into packing up the cottage.

And this was just today!!

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19552.html

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
    There is NEVER just enough fabric. I am always running short of fabric and having to come up with a Plan B, C ,D..... Have told my best friend that he should put THAT on my tombstone.
    If I were going to have a headstone, I would want it to say "here lies a quilter who made lots of design decisions" lol!
    If you always do, what you have always done, The results never change. Change is the wings you give yourself.

Blog Entries
    Finding dusty cat prints on my van. Lol! Being out in public and someone pulling a "fur puff" from my dog, off my back. Lol! Hearing DH snore (means he is breathing). Discovering that corrective shoes could fix the problems I have walking. Having my DD, who spent her teen years on "self distruct" graduating from college with her Bachelors degree (in criminal justice?!) this Saturday. Going for a drive to see what is around the next curve. Having a hot cup of coffee first thing in the morning. Having warm, purring foot warmers at night. Coming here to visit with all of you. Reconnecting with all my cousins on social media. Finding a cousin we did not know we had lost. I guess I am just silly happy alot! Lol!
    If you always do, what you have always done, The results never change. Change is the wings you give yourself.

Listening to Sawyer Fredericks of the Voice sing while I am quilting. Soothing music and masterpiece voice. full of soul.

Blog Entries
    having a few mins. of quiet time
    my birds singing when I walk in the room
    my cat giving me cat kisses
    my family droping in
    relax and enjoy the journey
    Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind see.
    mark Twain

My brothers and sisters in Christ
    Sitting on back patio each morning to watch the sunrise with husband and a mug of good strong coffee
    The smiles I get from my grandsons when I come to their home or they come to mine.
    The mockingbirds' song each day during our walks.
    My eyesight to take in all the wonders of creation
    Colors
    and the list goes on and on and on.

Actually having all the ingredients for dinner and I don't have to go to the store
    Craft beer in the refrig
    Kisses from my dogs
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.

Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but chuckle when you see one tumble down the stairs.

When my 10-yr-old great-niece texts me just to say "I love you"!
    A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes. ~Hugh Downs
    Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns.I am thankful that thorns have roses.~Allophones Karr
    “The happiest people I know are those who lose themselves in the service of others." — Gordon B Hinckley

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop." ~ Confucius

What wonderful blessings y'all have posted! I enjoyed reading them this morning. Mine would be

A quiet house before everyone else has woken up,
    Sunshine beaming through the glass in the front door like Christ was on the outside waiting to come in,
    The little squirrel that peers thru the window as if to say, Hey, wheres the birdseed?
    Enjoying a finished project knowing that I am free to start a new one.

It's all happened within the last 20 minutes. I feel lucky and blessed.

Waking up to another new day God has given me in this life.
    My view of the ever-changing view of Pike's Peak out my kitchen window.
    The birds that come to our feeders.
    A new day of sewing and quilting adventure.

My view of the ever-changing view of Pike's Peak out my kitchen window.

Lucky!!!! I love Pike's Peak! Just gotta watch out for those Saskwatch crossings. We used to go to the Pikes Peak Hockey tournament in Colorado Springs and were fortunate enough to have time to visit the region....loved it.
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.

Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but chuckle when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Power Poster
    Good stuff!

The smell of lilacs -
    The smell of lilies of the valley -

Being able to smell - (my sister lost her sense of smell due to a physical condition)

Dirty dishes - not actually doing them - but what they can represent - food, a place to eat, etc

kids jumping and screaming - means they CAN!

Being free to worship my God, knowing He is with me at all times. Seeing my DH setting across the room. Hearing the sweet voices of my DGC saying I love you Grandma. Seeing a sunny clear day after a week of twelve inches of rain in the last seven days and thanking God we live in a area that does not flood. Watching and hearing the birds and butterfly's in my yard and smelling the fresh mowed grass. Knowing all my family are well and happy. Looking back over the happy 57 years with my DH and seeing our children grow and become parents to all our wonderful DGC.

I love this thread! I'm thankful for all of the above, and for God answering prayer, whether the answer is yes, or no, or later!
    A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes. ~Hugh Downs
    Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns.I am thankful that thorns have roses.~Allophones Karr
    “The happiest people I know are those who lose themselves in the service of others." — Gordon B Hinckley

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop." ~ Confucius

Power Poster
    The pile of 15 used heavy denim jeans that were free at a yard sale - the backs of them are still good and I can happily cut them up because they are worn out enough to be "bad enough" to cut up. (I suppose it's silly - but it is still hard for me to cut up "good" clothing.)

family get togethers
    seeing our grandsons
    putting together the church bulletin
    reading
    listening to music
    QuiltnLady1

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2