Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Someone needs to yell at me/kick me/scold me!

I have a coffee table full of tax papers that need to be done. I want to sew but I'm feeling guilty about it because I have this looming chore to do.

Here I sit reading the Quilting Board.

Somebody kick me!!!!!

OK You asked for it ... Here are my size 7 firmly on your back side. GET YOUR TAX STUFF DONE!!!!!! is down to the wire ... you can do this .. NO turning on the computer till you get done.

Wouldn't help me if I had to do it. I need the computer to do the tax stuff :D
    I know the feeling but if it helps you can have my size 6 on your back side too ;)

I have a size 9 so I won't do it as hard...I just got mine done this week...so, I can't say I'm much better.

I couldn't sew for a week, I was having "Taxology attacks"
    best friend came over and in no time we had it filed. What a relief! The only antidote for it is to do it! Now!Go!

Our tax lady called this morning: taxes are DONE, my son owes $6.00 yes 6 dollars to New York State only working part time at a farm, still Full time High School Student whats wrong with Our state/country!! Get busy before have penalties. I find it's LESS stressful to pay someone else and keep my sanity Wall-mart now has tax prep and can shop while they do it!!:):)

get those taxes done - you may end up getting a refund.

Refund = funds for fabric!!!

Got ours sent in this week. Still have to walk the City down to the city offices. DO IT. Feels so good to have it done. And I wear a size 10, so I'm sending a BIG KICK.

Blog Entries
    we have so much medical i toss it alllll in an envelope and give it to our tax man to figure out works everytime.
    he does not tell me sandra you have to be more organized or anything he just deals with it.

Blog Entries
    (Finger wagging) Get off that computer RIGHT NOW and get those taxes done! As soon your done you can have a big chocolate treat and plug your sewing machine back in. (Hands on Hips) Now, get busy!

(Did that help?) :-)

Blog Entries
    Shoot, just do what I'm dong. FILE FOR AN EXTENSION!! LOL

Haha. You were probably one of the few people hoping for a Federal shutdown so the IRS would be closed!

I got mine filed on Thursday last week. Getting a refund this year - YEAH!!!!

Blog Entries
    Better get em done. You don't want to pay a penalty. You might get a refund, then you can buy more fabric.

Wow, I have a reminder on my computer every day to finish my taxes. I'd rather quilt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathios
    Haha. You were probably one of the few people hoping for a Federal shutdown so the IRS would be closed!

Even IF they were closed, you would still need to file ON TIME, and pay any taxes due ON TIME. The shut down would just delay any refunds coming back to us.

See if you have a friend that can help you. If not, then just start, dig in, get them finished. I think the hardest part sometimes is just getting started. So just start.

You'll be so much happier. Then reward yourself with sewing and QB computer time. Yeah!!

Pam M

Blog Entries
    LOL - I'm one to talk! I have CLIENT tax stuff to get done so they can go to their CPA's & get their taxes done! What am I supposed to be doing this morning? And yet where am I? Ok make you a deal...I'll go get my work done if you will go get yours done...and we will meet back here this afternoon. Deal?

Blog Entries
    That's why I hire an accountant! Even so, it takes a *lot* for me to gather all the documents needed for the accountant to do the return.

Gradually I'm getting better. Used to turn everything in the week before the deadline. This year I was a month early. Maybe next year.......

If you are sure of getting a refund, you can file for an extension -- very easy, just one page. Even if you owe, you can file for an extension as long as you send in money to cover what you owe. This gives you an extra 3 months to get your act together for filling out the return. However, I do *not* recommend this! It just means it will be hanging over your head that much longer.

I did that last week...I couldn't get anything done...not the taxes...not sewing....nothing.

Finally I persevered and the taxes are IN! Feels great...just do it!!!

Are your taxes finished yet? Are you still sitting here? I have a really big foot. lol Gently sending you toward the tax papers waiting to be done!

I have mine done. I don't know a thing about how to do it so just let someone else do it. Much less stressful!

Good Luck on getting them done so you can sew and read the QB!!

dern trigger finger! sorry for the double post.

OK, OK.... it's now 3:27 pm and I have everything sorted out and ready to be taken in.

I do take them to someone to be done, but I have 3 peoples taxes to be sorted out. Ours, my fathers and my sons...

I am very organized... throughout the year I have a folder that I put everything that is related to taxes in one place.

I also have a ton of medical stuff between my husband and my father... so.. 2 more folders.

But... I'm now all sorted out and ready to go.

Thanks all!

Now I can sew!!!!

Janet My - the sooner you get taxes done, the sooner you can get back to quilting & sewing. If you get a refund, that's more money for the stash fund. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Janet My
    OK, OK.... it's now 3:27 pm and I have everything sorted out and ready to be taken in.

I do take them to someone to be done, but I have 3 peoples taxes to be sorted out. Ours, my fathers and my sons...

I am very organized... throughout the year I have a folder that I put everything that is related to taxes in one place.

I also have a ton of medical stuff between my husband and my father... so.. 2 more folders.

But... I'm now all sorted out and ready to go.

Thanks all!

Now I can sew!!!!
    Good for you!!!! That would be a lot to keep track of!! GOOD JOB!!!

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
    LOL - I'm one to talk! I have CLIENT tax stuff to get done so they can go to their CPA's & get their taxes done! What am I supposed to be doing this morning? And yet where am I? Ok make you a deal...I'll go get my work done if you will go get yours done...and we will meet back here this afternoon. Deal?
    OK, Quilting Cowgirl.... I'm done.... are you????

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast