Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Sometimes looking out the window...

Sometimes looking out the window...

My sewing room is windows all around & this is what I see once in awhile...I stop sewing & just watch them, so soothing! Today there were 2 mamas, 2 yearlings, & a recent baby. With everything looking pretty barren now...this beauty is awesome! 2 pics taken from my sewing room, 2 taken from the kitchen (the porch posts are in the way). Enjoy nature everyone!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Oh my, what a lucky sight. Thank you for sharing. Beautiful.
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee
    https://www.quiltinaday.com/eleanora...nontheFarm.asp

Glad you had your camera handy! Thanks.

We have a similar sized/aged herd that comes to the back of our property for their daily breakfast/dinner. They are on the far side of our fenced yard. One of our dogs stands on the back deck and can see them over the top of the fence. She just barks and they pretty much ignore her. I'm convinced she thinks they are very big dogs encroaching her territory!

Blog Entries
    Beautiful. Thank You for sharing. I love animals.
    Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind see.
    mark Twain

I love deer. We have had a flock of turkeys in our neighborhood this year even coming up on the deck.

Beauty....hope no fool in camo shows up and plays macho man!

Gorgeous! Yeah, my dog wouldn't be too thrilled to see them in her backyard!!!!

Beautiful Vicki, thanks for sharing

So, so neat!!! Thanks for sharing….
    ~ I'm a Blessed Nanna to 2 Grandsons & 5 Granddaughters & 1 grandson in law ~
    ~ I'm a Blessed Mom to DS & DDIL, DD & DSIL ~
    ~ Mom to 1 black beauty now ~ Daisy ~
    ~ God Bless the USA ~ God Bless Our Troops ~

Blog Entries
    It sure is nice to have photos back!
    Aurora

"A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot." -Robert A. Heinlein

Blog Entries
    What a wonderful blessing for you. Oh, and thank you for the pictures. I plan to show them to a local hunter who doesn't believe that deer down south are much smaller than they are here in the Northwest. Here the deer are at lest 5-6 foot tall. Elk are even bigger!
    If you always do, what you have always done, The results never change. Change is the wings you give yourself.

Great pics Vicki. Around here they are so destructive that we try not to encourage them in our yard, but I love to see them anyway

Great pictures!! All I see out my sewing room window is dead leaves and wood. It is a window well, but now I have two little friends living in it. One is a black lizard and another one is a very small frog or toad (don't know what is the difference between the two). It has been really warm around here so they have been out and moving around. It has once again turned cold so they are hiding. I don't know how either one got into the well as it is at least 4 feet high.
    Pat in MN

Very pretty!

I don't have any deer in the back yard, but it sure is nice to see yours.
    Love to quilt and play with the great grandkids

Blog Entries
    We have deer and turkeys just about all year around; until the hunting season opens and the guy who owns the farm beside our property leases out to them. The turkeys worry the horns off our outside cat, but the dog pretty much runs them off for her.
    Make every day count for something!

JoAnn

Quote Originally Posted by madamekelly View Post
    What a wonderful blessing for you. Oh, and thank you for the pictures. I plan to show them to a local hunter who doesn't believe that deer down south are much smaller than they are here in the Northwest. Here the deer are at lest 5-6 foot tall. Elk are even bigger!
    Yes, our deer are smaller. My hubby is from Wisconsin, he's used to much larger deer. I think of our deer as Bambi. They seldom bother anything...that was wildbird food on the ground they were eating. Has alot of corn in it. Sometimes we will throw out corn for them. Love it when they come around & bring their babies. Ocassionally we get the bucks too. Nature in all it's beauty!

Beautiful....as long as you don't get some macho man in camo to come and disturb tis natural scene........

Sometimes I am envious of the view others have..........I saw my neighbors cat run across my retailing wall yesterday.

I think you win:-). Thanks for showing us your deer.
    Billi
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    When we visit friends who live north west of Austin, on the other side of their backyard fence is open field and woods. Last time we were there we looked out and saw a small herd of deer. DH said " My blood pressure just dropped by 25 points". The owners of the property have signs posted all around stating no trespassing and no hunting. We enjoyed their antics with the little ones playing. We were so enthralled we didn't think of taking photos. it was like a mental/meditation massage. They see this on a daily basis. I would take a break from anything if I had your view!

Oh so beautiful! Free gift from God, that's what I call sights like this!
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

Gorgeous! U must be further down South of Florida....won't see any in my town! Rarely do I see them at my Georgia farm but when I do..admire them from a distance. All I see out my windows in Fla is houses and cars going by. ��
    take plenty of pic of family & friends, keep tabs on loved ones but make time for yourself !

With the 5 houses here & 10 acres & no hunters aloud...we live 5 minutes from town...alot of woods (we live on 2 acres & 1 acre is woods...same with the other houses here...an asfault road only...the deer love it! I live in Crestview; it's about as up north as you can get.

Very pretty view. We have lots of hills, ravines and woods around. We never see deer, I have heard the wild turkeys but not seen them. Our yard is fenced in, only raccoons, squirrels opossums and such can climb the fence.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.