Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Special things you do for your pet. >

Special things you do for your pet.

Special things you do for your pet.

Old 10-31-2011, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Patty Patches
Our little dog Chip.won;t eat unless you are in the room with him.So guess who sits there and waits for him to eat,before doing anything else.
My Winston does the same. If you are in the other room and he is "starving" he might run to his bowl and grab a mouthful. He then runs back into the other room to eat it.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by orangeroom
We have a 12 yr old (5lb) retired champion pekinese. This morning I put his food on (a plate) on the floor for him. He just looked at me, almost saying "Are you kidding me? I didn't hear the microwave warming it up for me!" He wouldn't even take one step closer to his feeding area until after I warmed it up. He's just a smidge spoiled.
I have heard that, especially with old dogs, they like it warmed up because the aroma comes out (refrigerated food has hardly any smell). Their sniffers wear out. Even for humans, a lot of the taste is from the aroma. That's why they tell you to hold your nose when taking nasty medicine!
Old 10-31-2011, 08:01 PM
Dee

I have a 16 1/2 yr. old Toy Poodle -Kokoa_. I change her diapers and heat her breakfast up. Wash and groom her and then the treats she waits for at the kichen drawer. Hold her on my lap and kiss and hug her. In the am after her breakfast I wash her face, has her own towel and washcloth, and then we sit in the recliner and we talk together. I imagine most of you talk dog. What blessings they are.