Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Spring Cleaning 2010 Come on quilters get to work! >

Spring Cleaning 2010 Come on quilters get to work!

Spring Cleaning 2010 Come on quilters get to work!

Old 02-13-2010, 01:56 PM

Yes, I have started my spring cleaning, too! A couple of weeks ago, I reduced my stash of Christmas fabrics using Bonnie Hunter's method. I now have two neatly stacked piles and 3 small stackable containers with strips and squares. Last week, I got rid of a lot of things that I didn't use anymore. Now, I am going thru fabrics and neatly folding them and stacking them back on shelves, organizing by color/holiday as I go. So, when I get done with that, I'll figure out what to do next. Oh, and I keep finding fabric scraps to put in my pile of charity sewing for the new mothers.
Old 02-13-2010, 04:12 PM

I was just starting some de-cluttering prior to actually cleaning and organizing when our little flood got us. So, now everything is worse than before, and will be until this mess gets sorted out. We won't be able to put in new flooring until the landscape next door is fixed so it won't all drain back into our house the next time it rains. My plan that I was starting was by "earning" my computer time. If I did 15 minutes of cleaning, I could spend 15 minutes on the machine (or doing something else I chose). Then, when 15 minutes are up - back to work. Anyone can do something for 15 minutes.
Old 02-13-2010, 04:58 PM

I'm starting a week off and had plans to clean my sewing room. I'm going to haul everything out and restack fabrics. This is happening tomorrow. The rest of the house is fine. We're pretty decluttered. The curtains could use a wash--but I want to hang them on the line, so it'll have to wait.
Old 02-13-2010, 05:11 PM

I'm trying to clear out some things. My fiance is kind of a pack rat, so it's really me trying to get him to clear out some things! We need to make room for all the wedding presents we'll be getting in August.