Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Spring - it's snowing here AGAIN !!!

Unhappy Spring - it's snowing here AGAIN !!!

OMG, I am so disappointed. It's April 14th & it's snowing here today. It started during the night & according to the weather channel, it's going to snow all day into this evening. Gimme a break. What do we have to do to get rid of winter ???? It was just starting to melt nicely & now this.............
    Dance like no one is watching

Power Poster
    ....but you know Spring weather is on the way. I just hope we don't get enough frost to damage the fruit tree blossoms.

We are to have snow showers tonight, no accumulation. I sure hope they are right. It was very warm in the house this weekend. Spring flowers are blooming and trees are leafing out. Warm weather should be here for good in May or June.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Blog Entries
    It was a beautiful day here yesterday, today is not quite as nice but I had coffee outside on the patio this morning! Tomorrow- snow and freezing rain!!! We can only hope for spring. Sure enough though, come July, we will be complaining of the heat and humidity.
    'He cannot be a gentleman which loveth not a dog' -John Northbrooke
    Try to be as nice a person as your dog thinks you are.

It was 77 degrees Friday and 86 degrees Saturday here in central Iowa--woke up to 2 inches of snow and 31 degrees this morning--what a bummer!!!! At least the rhubarb is up and growing--can't wait til its ready.

Blog Entries
    Supposed to get 1-2 inches tonite in michigan also!

Blog Entries
    it snowed here in Colorado too. Not too much though, just slowly all day.

Blog Entries
    Then it froze the wet roads.

Someone hit a power pole during the night which took out the
    power for the hole area where I live.

Hubs said we didn't get power back for a couple hours while the
    4 truck crew worked on repairing it.

The roads where so icy that hubs couldn't drive the Jeep to work.

Quote Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
    it snowed here in Colorado too. Not too much though, just slowly all day.
    Louise - Ya-ya to Zachary April 13 2015. I collect mugs from the U.S. and around the world. Also collect handmade pincushions, sewing/quilting themed fabrics, and fabric in general.

Hang in there Spring IS on it's way I just know it!!
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladygirl View Post
    It was 77 degrees Friday and 86 degrees Saturday here in central Iowa--woke up to 2 inches of snow and 31 degrees this morning--what a bummer!!!! At least the rhubarb is up and growing--can't wait til its ready.
    Our rhubarb is up too. Hurray! and the soil finally thawed out and gave me back my overwintered parsnips! Yum!
    SueSew
    "If it's messy, eat it over the sink!" Mom

Snow here this AM too. It's up to the mid-30's now. I feel sorry for the birds. They were making nests and singing over the weekend because it was so nice.
    Lori

It was 70 here on Saturday and snowed 5" yesterday. Ah, spring time in the Rockies!
    I am too POSITIVE to be doubtful, too OPTIMISTIC to be fearful and way to DETERMINED to be defeated.

Power Poster
    i know we are getting more cold tomorrow im so over winter!!!
    QUILTNMO

Angry

Freeze here in north central Texas tonight. So much for my pomegranate bush and flowering shrubs that are in bloom this year. They are too big to cover and it's is very windy until after midnight when it is supposed to be calm and freeze.
    Last edited by Suzanne57; 04-14-2014 at 07:52 PM.

Blog Entries
    Well, I'm here in central Ohio. Yesterday we were admiring thousands of crocus' and jonquils in everyone's yards, flowering trees , some bushes have put out leaves, forsythia showing ......and then I woke up this morning to an all white world......SNOW!!!!!!!! with lots and lots of wind!

Blog Entries
    We have about an inch in SW Michigan. Was watching Dancing with the Stars last night - beautiful 'FROZEN' dance - then I looked outside - not so beautiful anymore!!!!

It won't stay long. Here in WI it's 22 degrees this morning. It snowed all day yesterday....so what could one do but quilt :-)

The weekend was perfect. The cherry blossoms were perfect. Monday was perfect. This morning it is raining and wet snow is predicted for late tonight with a temperature drop of about 40 degrees. Please, Mr. Winter, GO AWAY!
    Pat

We ended up with heavy snow which with the strong winds didn't help matters. I think we ended up with almost a foot of additional snow (which we didn't need). My DH & I are avid golfers but we can't even see the course let alone go out & play a game. Our golf season is going to be a very short one this year. It's still snowing (lightly) here today but this time the worst of it has moved to the southern part of Ontario. We can only hope that later this week things will warm up & start melting again. Happy Easter everyone.
    Dance like no one is watching

Quote Originally Posted by Crqltr View Post
    Supposed to get 1-2 inches tonite in michigan also!
    WooHoo!!! NOT!! Broke the all time record snow fall for a season. Only needed 3/10", got 2"+.
    "Proud Parent of an American Airman in Red Horse Squadron"
    "Proud Grandparent of an American Air Force SERE"

Snow on the ground here in Ohio today. And it's still snowing this morning, looks absolutely frigid out there. 75 Sunday, 78 yesterday and now this. I had my windows open on Sunday and the fresh air was wonderful. Back in sweats and sweatshirt drinking hot tea again. This too shall pass!
    Debra

Blog Entries
    Snowing here in western N.Y. right now. Yesterday I wore flip flops, today back to socks and slippers. Hope Spring comes soon. I didn't mind winter but this is crazy.
    Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind see.
    mark Twain

Covering up blueberries and lettuces tonight. Apple trees will likely be killed tonight. Didn't get a single blueberry last year; hope for better this year.

I can feel for you. Saturday the temps were into the 70's, bulbs are popping up all over so I decided to start working out in the yard, planting onions, transplanting rhubarb, etc. Then it started lightening later into the day, raining on Sunday morning with low temps to finally turning into snow by nightfall. Monday morning we had between 1 - 2" of snow on the ground. Even our lilac trees had leaves on them. Looking today outside, what's already sprouted doesn't seem to be damaged much but then it could take a couple of days to show signs of damage. We need the moisture as we're on water restriction for another year but sure wish it was more rain instead of snow. Though when I got home Sunday afternoon my basement was flooded again. Have no clue where its coming from either but decided to move the one bookcase full of fabric into the other room as its made of that pressed board stuff. And yes, it disentergrated as I moved it on the bottom edge. DRAT!!!!! The weather sure is strange this year all over.
    Suz in Iowa
    Designer EPIC, Brother XR3140
    Babylock Evolve, Innova 26" LS, MQR
    ProQ Designer, EQ7, Embird

After a week of temperatures in the 70's and low 80's, we have had another cold front come through. At least we don't have the snow and ice that you all to the north have but I absolutely refuse to turn on the heat again.

Time to go find my 2 cat furbabies and cuddle!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast