Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Star Wars

Star Wars

Has anybody seen it yet and please just give a thumb up or down? I think the promotional stuff is getting a little tiring. What does a Subway sandwich or a Ram pickup truck have in common with the movie?? By the way, I LOVED the first 3 movies and for 30 minutes, I tried to figure out who was the actor playing Luke Skywalker. Finally remember that we both went to Los Angeles City College at the same time, he took acting classes and I took technical set design.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

We went to see it on Saturday afternoon in IMAX and all 4 of us really liked it. I don't want to say anything else about it - but the theater was full and the crowd was in to it.

My 18 yr old son has a friend that is a sci fi nerd, as are my ds and I . He didn't care for it , but we are going to see it and I expect we will enjoy it just fine.

Blog Entries
    My theatre- major daughter saw it and declared two thumbs up...with " strong female role model"...whatever that means!
    Life may not be the party we planned for,but while we are here we should dance!

We are going to go see Star Wars after the New Year. We have never seen an IMAX film before. It will be our "date" day.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)
    “If you can’t see a mistake from 12 feet away, it doesn’t exist, and there are no perfect quilts and that helps a lot,” .......Greg Biornstad

Blog Entries
    my 26 yo son saw it. he grew up watching the movies all the time. he love it and will see it again.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

As we speak my adult sons are at their 2nd viewing of the show! They obviously loved it and needed a second viewing to sort out all the questions and the "did you see that" kind of things...they are 34 & 36!

Just saw it today and enjoyed it.

Saw it at the IMAX (having had a quick crash 'reminder' of the original 3 films over the week prior) and really enjoyed it. Quite a few references to the original films, mainly well done (only one was, to me, a bit overkill), but not overly nostalgic and with the usual enjoyable JJ Abrams touches (some very good humour). I seem to enjoy JJ Abrams' style and had enjoyed the original 3 films, so I was looking forward to this, and was not disappointed.
    Quilting is my vice

Live well, laugh often, love much

It was AWESOME! Saw it on Friday night and am going again on Saturday.

Having a female who kicks butt was very 21st century. Loved seeing the characters from the original series. Love BB-8 (the small circular robot).

Well worth the money.

Blog Entries
    My hubs saw it Friday morning. He liked it, but he wasn't enjoying
    it as much as he normally would have.

The reason he didn't enjoy it was because he knew that we were
    taking our little blue eyed girl in to vet, and having to say good bye
    to her.

He DOES plan on seeing it again soon, maybe after the holidays if
    it is still playing.
    Louise - Ya-ya to Zachary April 13 2015. I collect mugs from the U.S. and around the world. Also collect handmade pincushions, sewing/quilting themed fabrics, and fabric in general.

My 16yo granddaughter and her boy friend both loved it.

Super Member citruscountyquilter's Avatar
    All five of my adult children (in their 30's) have seen it multiple times already as has my husband. They all give it two thumbs up.

I made one of my sons who is a real Star Wars geek some pillow cases out of Star Wars fabric for Christmas. They even glow in the dark. I found the fabric on Fabric.com.

Is Star Wars getting out of hand? Yes!

http://blazepress.com/2015/12/18-pho...g-out-of-hand/
    Better to do something imperfectly, than nothing perfectly.
    Done is better than perfect.

Can't wait to hear the evaluation from my 2 kids, 52 and 54. I've never seen any of the movies, but maybe one day!

Power Poster
    I have never seen one of the star wars movies. My daughter has seen all of them and says it was the best yet...Her opinion...