Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Still have Christmas Decorations Up?

Blog Entries
    Still have Christmas Decorations Up?, or am I the only one. :oops: The main tree is down, but I still have 2 small ones to do. Oh, and put the linen away. Oh, heck, there's one more tree in the bathroom...

Blog Entries
    We leave our big tree up until mid-March or so. Cheers us up during the cold weather.

I actually just changed my avatar from a Christmas picture today. That was the last "undecoarating" I had to do.

The tree is undecorated but still up. I undecorated it last weekend, was hoping someone else (husband or son) would take it down cellar, I wasnt home for 3 days because of work & weather, but alas no, it still sits in the corner...

Nope, if I left it up too late the kids and DH would toss it all out in the trash!!! Drove one of my DD's friends home last night and their tree was still up!!

i didnt put in up for the first time in my life :( :cry:

Blog Entries
    I don't have any still up because I didn't put any up to start out with .. :)

That goodness it's not just me :) I just rounded everything up and put in it's storage place, now if I can just get my husband to put the tree in the storage building. The sad thing is the tree is only 4 foot and I only had a handful of other decorations.

I have some colored lights hanging in the window that have been there going on 2 years. I just LOVE the lights. At first I just wanted to see how long they would last. The ones I had on the tree outside were the regular lights...they lasted until July of last summer...the ones in the window are those LCD lights...2 years ~ 24 hours 7 days a week and still going strong. It pays to invest in some of those. Now its just a test to see how long they will stay on. and I love them..

Blog Entries
    I still have lighted decorations up outside, but it's been so cold, they are frozen in the ground. They are staked. I did take the photo cell switch inside so they don't go on any more. Our neighbors already think we're nuts.

Most of mine are down. I leave up the snowmen till spring.

Blog Entries
    Yup! Tree still up. It's an artificial tree and only 4 feet high and it sits on top of the buffet. I leave it decorated and add a wee bit to it each year. All I have to do is unplug it, cover it with apiece of cloth and put it in the closet. Opposite to put it back out. Usually put it away about March. Love the lights at night.

i just agout got it done

Nope we are in the process of taking ours down. Last year I will admit we had them up till February.

Blog Entries
    Nope it's all down in the basement...needs to be all reorganized but that'll wait till it's warmer.

Do the lights on the house count?

My tree is still up, but all ornaments are off of it and decorations are down. I spent a ton of time sorting through everything and have a box to go to Goodwill. I have everything organized, so next year if I'm looking for a specific item I will be able to locate it. I don't always put everything up, but this year I did since everyone was here for Christmas. I put all of the containers in the attic that I could get up there. Everything left is up to the hubby.

We had Christmas at our Daughter and Son in law's and I did not put a tree up, 2nd year. I don't miss the work. Hubby strings lights up along the roof edge and unplugs them day after Christmas.

My tree comes down today. I am NEVER in a hurry to take it down...ENJOY it while I can. My deadline is always down before Feb. 1....Glad that others are still enjoying all the color...

We still have our tree, lights, wreaths, garlands, etc. up. We haven't had our Christmas yet! Jan. 29th the family can finally get together and celebrate. 6 more days! I gotta plan some cookin' AND finish son's quilt...

My tree is away but I still have all the snowmen out that don't have something to do with Christmas! So about half of my 'Christmas' decorations are still up!

I still have my snowflake lights & green garland on the mantle. I will keep those up until Blessing of the Plow; then I will take them down.

A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Blog Entries
    Everything is packed, organized, labeled and ready for next year 'cept the two bare Christmas trees.. The 4ft in the foyer still has its tree skirt- whoops, my bad.. and the big tree still has the angel on top, I cant reach it.. Hubby has to take them down and box them up, however Just like the trash every Monday he forgets.. So now its just a waiting game..

Blog Entries
    I leave my town up on my mantel until sometime in Feb. because it is wintery, not just Christmasy. I also have a winter wonder land (thats what I call it) on my Hoosier that I leave up until I take down my town. I have one Christmas tree in a guest bedroom that I keep up all year, and I have a tree in my sewing room that I redecorate each month. I love Christmas, I hate foe it to end.

I still have all my Christmas decorations up. We love having the tree lit in the living room in the evening. Many years I have left everything displayed through February.
    I don't see a thing wrong with it. The gals I work with think I am crazy!!

Chris

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast