Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Strangest ad on CL........... >

Strangest ad on CL...........

Strangest ad on CL...........

Old 05-25-2017, 07:44 AM

Default Strangest ad on CL...........

I have ever seen.

https://bend.craigslist.org/for/6146641826.html
Old 05-25-2017, 07:50 AM
Power Poster

I wonder if x-ray film is still available?
Old 05-25-2017, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by bearisgray View Post
I wonder if x-ray film is still available?
I wondered that too. One way to cut out the tech who reads the x-ray then charges a fortune to do it.

True story......
My son broke his arm playing football. I took him to the ER, they sent him up to be x-ray'd. I was standing right next to the tech who was reading the x-rays. And I get a bill for $100.00 for the radiology dept. I called them up and said I wasn't paying it cause I stood there and "read" it too.
They persisted in calling me, sending me bills and threatening me with collections. Until I sent them a bill for 150.00 for wasting my time at work and taking care of my family which they were interrupting. They called and said I won't be charged and forget the $100.00 invoice......lol
Old 05-26-2017, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk View Post
I wondered that too. One way to cut out the tech who reads the x-ray then charges a fortune to do it.

True story......
My son broke his arm playing football. I took him to the ER, they sent him up to be x-ray'd. I was standing right next to the tech who was reading the x-rays. And I get a bill for $100.00 for the radiology dept. I called them up and said I wasn't paying it cause I stood there and "read" it too.
They persisted in calling me, sending me bills and threatening me with collections. Until I sent them a bill for 150.00 for wasting my time at work and taking care of my family which they were interrupting. They called and said I won't be charged and forget the $100.00 invoice......lol
I LOVE this story !! Lol
Old 05-26-2017, 08:48 PM

we had a family friend who had an old x-ray machine in his basement. he had a couple of "at home" jobs heeded on the side, involving parts and inspection. he'd occasionally use the machine to check a random batch for hidden flaws. his wife would help out, too, when the kids were at school. i was surprised--i'd been in nursing for years, and had never seen such a use, before. i was frightened for them, because i didn't know what kind of precautions they took with the actual process. it broke my heart for them, about 5 years later, when his wife was diagnosed with breast cancer, and died within the next couple of years. she was still a young woman, with a kindergartner when she passed. i've never shaken the feeling that she was overexposed to radiation, when she was working down there.
Old 05-27-2017, 02:53 PM

Well that wouldn't be good in the wrong hands!
Old 05-27-2017, 06:21 PM

That is truly weird
Old 05-27-2017, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk View Post

True story......
OMG, that's hysterical! I"m going to remember that.