Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Strawberry Fields Forever

Strawberry Fields Forever

I went to the Strawberry fields today to pick fresh Strawberries. Oh lord, I am beat. I picked 10 pounds for 22.50. I don't mind the price as this is about the same in the store but these are fresh right off the bush and all are perfect.

I am so tired from the up and down lol and the sun was so hot. I wore myself out and then, I didn't think to take something to eat and I was getting shaky. I ate a few berries and beat it home. I am only about 15 minutes away. I will freeze some tomorrow and make a couple jar of jam.

I haven't really quilted or painted at all as I am in knit mode lol...but soon I will have something to show you. I was looking around for a new trend or something. I found a block called a "swoosh" or something like that? I can't see what the deal is, it's just a quilt block...maybe it's the fabric used? Amy Butler?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    I saw your Title and started humming the Beatles song. yummy looking strawberries!!!

Me too, plus we have a health food store nearby called Strawberry Fields. lol

Those are beautiful but I must admit that I had to look at where you're located because there won't be any fresh strawberries here for a long time.
    If no one ever experimented we'd all still be making 4 patches.

Blog Entries
    your strawberries look sooo good it's been way to long since I had fresh strawberries

yum......we used to go stawberry picking some years back but the farmer has stopped growing them,,,,i miss picking....hard work though....although in June i still pick wild strawberries...enjoy your wonderful pick!!

Blog Entries
    There is nothing like picking berries. I am orginally from Michigan and love their berries--smaller, juicier and redder. I recently had Florida berries and they were excellent. Yours looked yummy

Power Poster
    Yum, those look delicious!

Looks yummy. I can buy strawberries all year long at Sam's, best and freshest produce anywhere around here. Cheaper that regular stores. I'm not much for picking my own the last few years.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Blog Entries
    Looks delicious!! Hope they r sweet and juicy!! Love the jingle!!

Blog Entries
    Fresh picked strawberries in March. Wow! We only have that in June, maybe into July up here in New York. Just a couple of jars of jam?
    Go forth and sew!

It's amazing. As I was picking these, a new crop was growing. I made syrup with some. I just chopped up a bunch and cooked them in lemon juice and some water and about 1 pound of brown sugar. I then put a plastic bag into a sour cream container and poured in the syrup (it's thick) and then I put those in the freezer.

I washed the rest and put those in bags and in the freezer too. I will get anoter patch for jam etc.

I save all my little container that the prunes, sour cream, yogurt come in and use them for this purpose. It would be better to freeze in smaller containers and once they are frozen, just pop them into a freezer bag to save space.

I do the same with a large supply of lemons that I get free every year. I squeeze and pour in ice trays and then bag them. I have lemon juice all year and free lol......

I just took some frozen strawberries out and once defrosted, I will slice and pour some of then syrup I made over them instead of whipping cream lol.....

We pick fresh fruit all summer and then freeze it. We have strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, and peaches. I eat them everyday.

Those strawberries look so good. I think I'm drooling

Oh, oh, oh, oh I am tasting them in my mind. We won't see such berries for several months here and then only for a few weeks.
    The quilt you see, is a part of me.
    In your hand is the sum of my parts
    My mind, my body and a piece of my heart.
    Wrap in it, lay on it, cry, and dream.
    It's made to help you know what love means.

Saw your title and thought you were talking about the Strawberry Fields Forever Bom from Fabric Shack that I am doing. Your strawberries look sooo delicious. Enjoy!

I remember picking strawberries in the winter when I lived in FL. I use to call up my dad in NJ and gloat. LOL I would love to find some U pick it fields around here. I am sure there are some. Those look soo good.

Florida strawberries are really special and picking your own is that much more rewarding. Enjoy.
    "Only those who know enough is enough can ever have enough." Lao Tzu

Shame on you. We are all red with envy. Our strawberries won't be ready until then end of May. But your's look really good, and makes me hungry for some strawberry shortcake.
    The one who dies with the most fabric wins.

Our grocery has both Florida and California strawberries. We only buy the Florida berries (until the Bald Knob berries are ripe). They are so much sweeter and beautiful.

Oh yummy. now you've gone and done it. I wont some right now!!! Will have to settle for what's in the store here. Lucky you to be able to have them this time of year.
    Some people visit paradise, I live there.

They look delicious!

Those strawberries look luscious. Unfortunately we don't get strawberries in WI until the end of June to middle of July, depending on the weather.
    Kathleen, a lass with a bit of the Irish in her blood and a whole lot of Irish in her heart

Kripe! I covet your berries!! I love fresh strawberries. Lucky you! We still have snow!

Blog Entries
    that is just so not nice to post that wonderful picture, and make us northern, still in the 20 degree yankees be so filled with envy.

Oh my goodness, I can picture some Strawberry Shortcake or strawberries in Jello, or strawberries crushed and spooned over vanilla Ice cream... Yummy oH yes some Strawberry Jam on Hot Biscuits...
    Friend who can share your laughter and tears are the only ones you need.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast