Sub-titles

Old 10-28-2023, 01:55 PM

Default Sub-titles

Wow, just watched a show on Amazon in Canada and a lawyer was talking about a deceased's Will. He said codicil and the auto type put cotta soul! my pour eyes and ears. Artificial Intelligence at it's best. At least I think it wasn't done by human hand.
Old 10-28-2023, 02:17 PM

I see a lot of those when I have my CC on. Its sketchy at best, but some of the mistakes are hilarious.
Old 10-28-2023, 03:25 PM

Ha, the auto translator did it again. This time it typed Counsel. close but no cigar! sad moving movie though.
Old 10-28-2023, 09:31 PM

My DH is hard of hearing, and uses CC constantly. It drives me crazy, because daily it is wrong about 50% of the time. I'm constantly saying "that's not what they said", or "that word makes no sense". Also, if the word/name is thought to be offensive, or misinterpreted, it appears as XXXX. I've often thought that there should be rules/standards in place for CC use. He gets very frustrated sometimes, especially if the captioning sticks, or lags behind during the news/weather.
Old 10-29-2023, 03:54 AM

Funny story:
We were in San Antonio at night using car navigation to find a restaurant. It said to turn on "A-lame-o" Street (Alamo)!
Old 10-29-2023, 04:10 AM
Power Poster

My sew group texts a lot to each other. I have gotten proficient at understanding auto correct.
Old 10-29-2023, 04:14 AM

I have my captions on while listening to my church meetings on Zoom plus on TV as my hearing is not as good as I'd like. I get a kick out of what gets typed in for the word spoken from time to time. Sister Logan came out Sister Logon. Azariah came out just plain old "A" and so forth. Computers are great but then sometimes they're not so great. And then there's the miss typing and if you don't have spell check clicked on you just have to hope you've got it figured it out. My friend was talking about his cat but he kept typing car and when you're taking your car to the Vet you sort of wonder just what the doctor was going to remove.
Old 10-29-2023, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by Quiltwoman44 View Post
Ha, the auto translator did it again. This time it typed Counsel. close but no cigar! sad moving movie though.
In Canada, "counsel" can mean a lawyer... maybe that's how it was being used?
Old 11-02-2023, 04:13 PM

Oh yes, it does!!! sorry , forgot that. England it's barrister I think. Attorney works for me.
Old 11-05-2023, 05:50 AM

DH used to have CC on all the time. I found it odd that a pre-recorded show or movie, where they had lots of time to get the captions right, would be loaded with mistakes. But live TV shows, like sports, the CC was almost perfect! Also, back in the days of VHS, a lot of movies that were "CC" would start out, the first 15 minutes with captions, then nothing for most of the movie, then the last 5 minutes would have them again.