Sunburn

Old 05-30-2011, 06:23 PM
Power Poster

I've tried the whole milk before it didn't stop the pain at all. I think it depends on the degree of burn what will help the most. If you are in severe pain you need to go to the ER. You can become dehydrated if you have bad sunburn. If you have any blisters at all get to the ER.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I've tried the whole milk before it didn't stop the pain at all. I think it depends on the degree of burn what will help the most. If you are in severe pain you need to go to the ER. You can become dehydrated if you have bad sunburn. If you have any blisters at all get to the ER.
I 've had to reapply quite a few times because my burned skin will warm up the washcloth and take awhile to stop the burn from continuing. It may still feel a little discomforted but by the morning I feel 100% and have no clothing restrictions. You are right though with the severe burns. I do the tea too--but I drink it to battle the dehydration! Lol!!
Old 05-30-2011, 06:54 PM

Mustard :thumbup: The kind you put on a hot dog. Mix two part water/one part yellow prepared mustard( Ex.1tablespoon mustard /two tablespoons of water). Apply with cotton ball or pad and it will take the burn and the heat out. Can reapply as needed, but once usually does it. Once the pain is gone, take a cool shower. Try it , it really does work. :thumbup:
Old 05-30-2011, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
The sunburn is not that bad... no blisters... pain has subsided to be replaced by itching... but that is due to the damaged skin... the milk has helped a bit.
Old 05-30-2011, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by amazon
Mustard :thumbup: The kind you put on a hot dog. Mix two part water/one part yellow prepared mustard( Ex.1tablespoon mustard /two tablespoons of water). Apply with cotton ball or pad and it will take the burn and the heat out. Can reapply as needed, but once usually does it. Once the pain is gone, take a cool shower. Try it , it really does work. :thumbup:
If the pain comes back I might do that... or if the heat from it doesn't go away, I'll do that... thanks! :)
Old 05-30-2011, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Alu_Rathbone
Originally Posted by judy_68
SUNSCREEN SUNSCREEN SUNSCREEN!!!!! Next time that is.
Theres something that I'm allergic to... we don't know what it is... otherwise I'd use it!!! :)
You can use coconut oil as a natural sunscreen. Native islanders have used it for years. It helps block out the UV rays.

You can read more here: http://www.coconutresearchcenter.org/
I am not affiliated in any way. :)

Glad you found some relief.
Old 05-30-2011, 07:10 PM

Go lay in a cool bath. Don't be surprised if the water warms up from your body. Been there, done that.
Old 05-30-2011, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Alu_Rathbone
Originally Posted by cctx.
Talk about sunburn.....just got back from Port Aransas beach and I am redder than a boiled lobster.....!

Use Noxzema for now, that will cool some of the burn.
I don't have Noxzema... all I have is Vaseline Intensive care lotion :( and I know for a fact that my friend doesn't... she doesn't have my terrible skin! lol

We have the air on and I'm really really hot too... Sorry for complaining so much!
The Vaseline Intensive care is better than nothing. Sorry for your discomfort. :(
Old 05-30-2011, 07:41 PM

for the burn pickle juice is what I have used in a pinch.

I ALWAYS keep Cetaphil facial soap in the fridge. Put it on like a lotion (don't wash it off) after a shower put some powder over it so it doesn't stick to your cothes! Works AMAZINGLY!
Old 05-30-2011, 07:57 PM

When my red headed son was tiny, the shade shifted and burnt his back above the diaper, so badly that it could not be touched.
I put vitamin E from capsules in cool water and shook it up and sprayed it on his back. That helped a lot, plus sleeping on his tummy for a couple of days.