Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Surgery went well, just checking in.. >

Surgery went well, just checking in..

Surgery went well, just checking in..

Old 01-07-2011, 09:50 AM

My youngest daugter had her knee replaced in Sept. of last year she is doing great - so glad there is no more pain and she can walk without her cane.Hope all goes well with you.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
Has it been worth it? Why was a replacement necessary? The reason I'm asking is that I keep putting my surgery off - I'm too scared (being overweight, etc) Best of recovery to you.
stitchinwitch, my friend kept putting hers off until she finally just couldn't walk at all. Afterward she told me she should have done when the docs first recommended it because her rehab took much longer than it should have. Her message was, if you need it - go for it!
Old 01-07-2011, 10:07 AM

*hugs* to you! It takes time, but one day soon you will be so glad you did it. :) We've had several friends go through this - initially it's always awful, but it really does get much much better.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:35 AM

Good for you Kim. Wishing you a speedy and uneventful recovery. Where did you have your work done?

I am an RN in K'zoo, and getting ready to schedule a shoulder replacement. Know several people who have had knees done, but no one who has had a shoulder. Just a little anxious about how this will effect my activities. Is it your "pedaling" leg ? Not sure if I could switch feet successfully. LOL! Never thought of trying.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:30 AM

You will love having the new knee. I have had both replaced and it was such a wonderful success. Be sure and do your therapy! It is so important. I don't even think about them not being mine. Well, they are mine but not! Only time I had to think about it was when I frew to Georgia for the holidays. Jan
Old 01-07-2011, 11:43 AM

I am so glad you are doing good just keep doing what they are doing :roll: I just got out Wed late evening so do what they say just don't over do sometimes the Physical therapist can push too much . wher are U in southern MI I am in Saginawhope you get better soon Luv Aunt Patti :lol:
Old 01-07-2011, 11:51 AM

Been there and done that with both knees. Lots of therapy will have you walking in no time. Get well soon!!! Quilting will help ease the pain until you do get well.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:59 AM

Hi Kim, glad to hear you are doing well. Each day will be a little better. I know I don't regret getting both of mine replaced. Too bad I had to search so hard to find a doc that would do it "at my young age". If they would have been walking in my shoes they would have wanted it done too. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Wendy
Old 01-07-2011, 12:29 PM

good luck with your new knee I got a new one last March the six weeks recovery and not being able to get to my sewing machine drove me crazy, but it was all worth it the knee feels great. Just ice it and keep doing what they tell you, therapy also helps. Hang in there
Old 01-07-2011, 12:57 PM

Good news! You are on the road to recovery and will be back to quilting before you know it! :D