SWIFT KICK FOR MOTIVATION

Old 09-02-2011, 04:52 PM

Will someone give me a swift kick to get me motivated??? I joined this group because I was hoping I'd get motivated to sew. You all make such beautiful quilts. I just can't get myself going. I do have health issues, but somehow someway I need to get busy. errrrrr I did cut out a bag to make for my daughter, but I really really need to get cutting out a quilt. That's it.....that's my vent session for the day. ehehehe I love this quilting board. Everyone seems so nice :)
Old 09-02-2011, 04:54 PM

If you have any kind of stash of fabric - pull some colors you think will work well together, then start cutting squares, strips, etc.. and sew. You will find it gives you the urge to do it. At least this works for me... ;-)
Old 09-02-2011, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by kacklebird
Will someone give me a swift kick to get me motivated??? I joined this group because I was hoping I'd get motivated to sew. You all make such beautiful quilts. I just can't get myself going. I do have health issues, but somehow someway I need to get busy. errrrrr I did cut out a bag to make for my daughter, but I really really need to get cutting out a quilt. That's it.....that's my vent session for the day. ehehehe I love this quilting board. Everyone seems so nice :)
BEST WAY I know would be to turn of the computer and get to work...LOL
Old 09-02-2011, 04:57 PM
Google Goddess

push push push to get your motivated

Originally Posted by kacklebird
Attached Thumbnails attachment-250620.gif  
Old 09-02-2011, 04:59 PM

Maybe I'll try doing that. Do you just cut yours any size and just start sewing them together? I have a Loralie panel and would like to use those blocks. I've seen people just add strips around them in varying sizes, etc. I'm the type who needs a pattern though since I'm not that experienced. I think that's what I'd like to try next. Any suggestions on how to do that with those types of blocks? I did make a watermelon quilt topper a couple of years ago, but never quilted it. I don't feel like wrestling with it. hehe
Old 09-02-2011, 05:01 PM

Dreamer-I like that one. hehehe I love looking on this board though too. I have an L shaped desk and my computer sits on the shorter part of the L and my machine is on the longer portion so if I do sew I have found myself going back and forth.....ADD. hehehe I should turn off the darn computer and pretend it doesn't exist!! Good idea :)
Old 09-02-2011, 05:03 PM

Craftybear-I'm going to really try. I need someone to come here and motivate me at least once per week. hehe
Old 09-02-2011, 05:20 PM
Power Poster

KICK!!!!!!!
Old 09-02-2011, 05:27 PM

Sometimes doing an entire quilt is overwhelming. Why not buy some yardage of 3 or 4 fabrics that go well together and do ONE block per day and make a sampler quilt with all different types of blocks. You would spend 15-30 minutes per day doing one 12 inch block and in 3 weeks you will have a lap sized quilt or more (depending on the sashing and borders)
Old 09-02-2011, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by alikat110
KICK!!!!!!!
DITTO !!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: