Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Take a break from sewing . . .

Blog Entries

Take a break from sewing . . .

. . . and spend a few minutes indulging in this old-time puzzle.

http://www.thejigsawpuzzles.com/Hand...-jigsaw-puzzle
    "I keep my end tables full of needlework and quilting so I don't have to dust them." ~ Author Unknown but I agree!

Blog Entries
    fun site....thanks for the link

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for sharing!

Blog Entries
    thanks for the diversion
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

It took me 51 minutes, but it was a fun picture. I like that you can pull up just the edges if you want to get started. Thank you for the link!
    "The business of life is making memories. In the end, it is all we have." Butler Charlie Carson, Downton Abbey, season 4, episode 3, PBS.

As my mother is in her high 80's I bought her a computer a few years back and installed a bunch of jigsaw puzzles on it for her to wile her hours. Since then I found a digest that puts out up to 10 puzzles a day. I download these daily or every few days as they come into my email listing. I'm working on year 2012 so you can see I haven't kept up with them but they do waste a few minutes/hours of my time when I do work them. My mother has enjoyed her time putting them together all these years and I continue to add new ones to her computer to keep her busy. She has no hobbies and doesn't want any hobbies other than to waste her time playing her puzzles. Whatever works for her.
    Suz in Iowa
    Designer EPIC, Brother XR3140
    Babylock Evolve, Innova 26" LS, MQR
    ProQ Designer, EQ7, Embird

I gave my dh an actual jigsaw puzzle for Christmas. It was Santa working on a quilt. He just finished it yesterday

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    Quote Originally Posted by Snooze2978 View Post
    As my mother is in her high 80's I bought her a computer a few years back and installed a bunch of jigsaw puzzles on it for her to wile her hours. Since then I found a digest that puts out up to 10 puzzles a day. I download these daily or every few days as they come into my email listing. I'm working on year 2012 so you can see I haven't kept up with them but they do waste a few minutes/hours of my time when I do work them. My mother has enjoyed her time putting them together all these years and I continue to add new ones to her computer to keep her busy. She has no hobbies and doesn't want any hobbies other than to waste her time playing her puzzles. Whatever works for her.

Yep I agree Whatever works for her (as this is DH's mom also-puzzles and reading every western novel there is).
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

It took me 51 minutes to solve the puzzle. That was fun!

Well almost two hours later, here I am. Thanks...I love puzzles!

I just loved that!! I used to do jigsaw puzzles all the time with my mom, and then with my kids, but the darn cats won't leave them alone and I had no way to hide the puzzles in progress, so I haven't done one in years - this made my day!