Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Talk about short notice and why did I say yes? >

Talk about short notice and why did I say yes?

Talk about short notice and why did I say yes?

Old 06-20-2011, 05:21 PM

Is the 10 minute block the same one that has just 3 straight seams? and uses layer cakes (or 10" squares cut from your stash)? That's the same one I was thinking of!
Old 06-20-2011, 05:36 PM

I think the tube quilting method would be very well received. I bought the book and the ruler but haven't done it yet. It would be fun and quick. Good luck. You made the President of the Guild's day when you said "yes".
Old 06-20-2011, 06:06 PM

I think you should do whatever you are comfortable to do on such short notice. She is comfortable with you doing it. What an honor to be asked, now just go have some fun.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:30 PM
Power Poster

I was President for two years and got burned out. The president now won't run again. She is trying but I know feels overwhelmed. Most of the charter members just sit in a group and complain about the cost of quilting and how the younger members want to spend money. I use to argue my point and usually got my way but it's tiring to butt heads all the time.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:36 PM

Sounds good. If you need to fill more time at the end, especially if there are a lot of newbies, you could just open the floor to a question and answer session and they'll be quite pleased.

Also, if everyone has email (or an old fashioned phone tree), you could get right into the project more easily if you ask them to have the fabric cut to size before they arrive.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:21 PM
Power Poster

The program was a hit. Everyone loved it. I took a jelly roll so everyone had enough strips to make one tube. We keep several sewing machines at the guild and I had them set up ready to go. Many were designing new patterns to make with the tube method before we left. The group of charter members asked how much the book cost, that's all they asked. LOL. I have the program for next month too. I will do the Jelly Roll Race 1600.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
The program was a hit. Everyone loved it. I took a jelly roll so everyone had enough strips to make one tube. We keep several sewing machines at the guild and I had them set up ready to go. Many were designing new patterns to make with the tube method before we left. The group of charter members asked how much the book cost, that's all they asked. LOL. I have the program for next month too. I will do the Jelly Roll Race 1600.
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: