• Taping knitting needles together >
  • Taping knitting needles together

• Taping knitting needles together

Old 10-22-2020, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by selm
    Here's two links to the knitpicks.com website =
    https://www.knitpicks.com/knitting-n...-wraps/p/80596
    https://www.knitpicks.com/double-poi...-tubes/p/80211
    The coil wraps are good for both straight and double-pointed needles. The tubes are my favorites for double-pointed needles. I mark the size on the tube. The tube expands for different length needles. I can store several sets of needles in one tube for the smaller sizes.
    Be very very cautious when ordering from very cautious when ordering from Knitpicks.. Several years ago they had a data breach that they knew about for months and did not bother to tell their customers until fraudulent charges started showing up on their credit cards. My sister was caught in that because she used to buy from them all the time. Her credit card company called and said "Hi! we're going to cancel your credit card because Knitpicks notified us that it was compromised!" Fortunately her husband was home to take the call, because she wasn't. She was 500 miles away at the bedside of her dying son and depending on that card for meals and lodging. BIL convinced them to leave it be and they would call back when it was no longer needed.
    Old 10-22-2020, 04:47 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by bearisgray
    Some of the rubber bands get old and brittle and then break. When I say I wanted this for " years" - I do mean years. These will probably be sold at the "what was mom thinking when she acquired all this?" sale.
    If you really don't think you will ever have use for them, why hang onto them?

(I wish I could follow my own advice.)
    Old 10-22-2020, 05:02 PM

What about something like the medical tape that sticks to itself? You can stretch it as tight as you need & then it just sticks to itself. Here's what it looks like from Amazon but my Dollar Tree store sells it for $1 p/roll for the exact same thing with the exact same amount.
    https://www.amazon.com/Gentle-Tape-F.../dp/B00LDMTHYO
    Old 10-23-2020, 06:53 AM
    Power Poster

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
    I have knitting needles together with elastic bands for years. No harm at all.

Some of the rubber bands get old and brittle and then break. When I say I wanted this for " years" - I do mean years. These will probably be sold at the "what was mom thinking when she acquired all this?" sale.

I used regular sewing elastic to make the bands. I have crochet and knitting needles held with the bands for over 30 years. Still fine. I forgot about them! I found the box they were in and my two daughters do not want them so out they go. One daughter knits and she said why did you save so many for so long?
    Old 10-23-2020, 07:10 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by dunster
    If you really don't think you will ever have use for them, why hang onto them?

(I wish I could follow my own advice.)
    Good question.

Partly because where our home is located is not well-situated for having yard sale(s).

Besides, I do find a use for one or two of them now and then.