Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Teeth whitening recipe??

Talking Teeth whitening recipe??

Was it on this board where I saw a recipe for a teeth whitening recipe? The recipe used hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, and I'm not sure what else...toothpaste, I think. When I came back this morning to look for it so I could write the recipe down on paper, I could not find it. Can anyone help? Thank you.

Blog Entries
    There are thousands of them all over the internet, blogs, Pinterest, etc. Just do a search. Some very interesting and heated discussions about pros & cons, too!

Blog Entries
    Found this one:
    http://www.wikihow.com/Whiten-Teeth-...rogen-Peroxide

Just be careful and don't use baking soda too often; it is actually quite abrasive and over time can damage tooth enamel.

I saw it on facebook. I don't remember the formula...Sorry.

Supposedly just rinsing your mouth with peroxide daily will whiten teeth.

Decades ago my dentist recommended making a paste from only baking soda and peroxide. No cautions on times/day or other frequency cautions about the baking soda.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    If you've had any extensive dental work in the past don't do the peroxide and baking soda on a daily basis. If you are lucky enough to have excellent teeth still don't do this on a daily basis. My uncle never went to the dentist his entire life. He only brushed with this peroxide and baking soda (equal parts). he never used regular toothpaste. His teeth were so strong he could open a beer or soda bottle with them. His teeth were the exception. If you've never done it before then don't. You can use the toothpaste that has it in it but not alone. Talk to your dentist. Kids with braces should never use this formula. It affects the metal on the teeth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
    Found this one:
    http://www.wikihow.com/Whiten-Teeth-...rogen-Peroxide

Just be careful and don't use baking soda too often; it is actually quite abrasive and over time can damage tooth enamel.

Blog Entries
    Look up "oil pulling" it is safer.

I use Peroxide, Baking Soda and Toothpaste mix all together to make a paste. I only use it maybe 2 times a week
    I collect Seraphim Angels

Quote Originally Posted by JoantheQuilter View Post
    Was it on this board where I saw a recipe for a teeth whitening recipe? The recipe used hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, and I'm not sure what else...toothpaste, I think. When I came back this morning to look for it so I could write the recipe down on paper, I could not find it. Can anyone help? Thank you.
    Thank you for all the helpful replies. I have TERRIBLE teeth with fillings in the front teeth so can't go the route of dental whitening. I will discuss the options with my dentist. Thanks again.

My grandparents only used salt to brush there teeth. They had beautiful healthy teeth and never needed any work done.