temperature

Old 07-18-2011, 07:21 PM

We have the heat up north also. Temps in the 90's with 90's humidity, and with close to 10 inches of rain over the past 10 days, sloughs and ditches are overflowing. Now, we are getting the stench of stagnant water. And the capital of our state, Bismarck, is starting a recovery from their city being flooded, as is their neighbor to the north, Minot. Just so unfair of too much in one place and not enough in another. The sump pump in the basement kicks on every 2 MINUTES. A lot of ground water.

Our daughter and husband just lost 3 large grain bins due to storms of straight line winds, and even had a cattle feed bunk lifted over a fence and thrown into the trunk of one of their cars.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:47 PM

At 11pm it was still 84 with a heat indes of 92. The heat really gets to me when it stays hot all night. If it's cool in the mornings I can handle it.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:52 PM

Just imagine how it feels to work in a hot factory. Not fun.The computers and equipment wasn't working right.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:13 AM

We have had 28 days of over 100 degrees compared to our average of 14. Finally about a 30per cent chance of rain this week.
Old 07-19-2011, 04:18 AM

Yesterday I saw the weather map on the USA Today. The entire thing was shades or red with just a few areas of yellow. I'm so glad I'm in the yellow zone, even though it'll be brief. I don't have a thermometer, but it feels like the upper 40's It's great. Not looking forward to going back to the hot, steamy, South. On the other hand, I don't think I'd want to live here in the Winter. I know it is a ski resort, but I wouldn't want to deal with all the snow either.
Old 07-19-2011, 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan
someone offered me baseball tickets for today and i declined due to the heat. :)
You have got to be kidding!!!!!!!!! I remember one year my husband and I went to a Viking game with da Bears and it was probably the coldest day of the whole winter. The wind was blowing and we were holding coffee cups in our hands and shaking so bad the coffee was flying out of the cups. That was about 49 years ago. Makes for a fantastic memory!!!!!! Today the heat index is supposed to be around 115. What I wouldn't give to see the Twinkies play in that kind of weather - Both ends of the spectrum here!

Edie
Old 07-19-2011, 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
It's hot here, too! in the 90's with heat index of 107degrees...YUCK!!!
and my goofy Tink goes in the yard and lays down to bask in the sun...I had to run out there and get her.
We have a black dog - now, I always thought black conducted heat. Same weather here - and Bess loves to lay out in the back yard -- on her back -- looking up at the sun -- probably sunburning her tummy -- can't stand it!!!!!!! So I have been setting the stove timer for ten minutes and each time she wants to go out - set the timer - and then in ten minutes go out there and fight with her to come in, because you know darn well if it was you, you would be scorched. Then I finally get her in the house, sheet on the floor, because we feel guilty that she has to lay on carpeting, thinking this is cooler, fan on the floor, she flakes out there and sleeps - and then ten minutes later, same thing! And it seems like it is moreso when it is so darn hot out. They are sweet little critters though, aren't they? Edie
Old 07-19-2011, 06:36 AM
KLO

My DH keeps saying we need to move somewhere cooler but where the heck would that be? Seems like the whole country is frying!!!
Old 07-19-2011, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by Crabby Patty
Man it is so hot here today even the central air can't keep up. It is 94 and with the heat index it feels like 115. It makes me feel like :twisted: LOL
Be sure and check your filter! Ours gets dirty so quickly (like a week!) when we run the AC so much, and it WILL effect how the AC works.
Old 07-19-2011, 06:46 AM

I wish I could send you our weather. We have rain, rain and more rain. It is only suppose to get into the mid 60's here today. We have had a day or two of summer between the rain storms. This is the worst summer I can remember.