Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Thank You to the adminstrators and moderators of this board!

Blog Entries

Thank You to the adminstrators and moderators of this board!

Ever once in awhile I see a thread that has been deleted or marked "invalid." I just want to say: "Thank you" to those who monitor this Board and remove inappropriate postings.

With your services, hopefully this Board will continue to be positive, inclusive, sharing, helpful, and kind to all and not allow political or religious bias to invade a wonderful community of persons who have a common interest (quilting).

Thank you again for a wonderful Quilter's Board.
    Seize the moments,
    Mary Frances

AMEN! You said it well.

Amen !!!!!

I think we need to focus on quilting, isn't that what the board is for ?

Some threads on posted on the general chit-chat (non quilting) for a reason. If you don't like the titles- don't read them. I don't agree with everything that is said: however, lets enjoy our freedom of speech while we still have it.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Moderators!

And...I totally agree.
    Dodee

Blog Entries
    I totally understand that sometimes you need to talk and may not have someone but this should not be site to seek medical advice and there are some days that it seems there are more topics about non craft things that craft things. I do enjoy when I see a picture of mother nature or someone gets a new toy but I think the one that gets me the most is seeking medical advice from anyone other than a doctor. Most of us know, there could be so many causes for any kind of symptom and even if its the same problem, depending on health, etc there could be so many fixes too. I hear people complain about the Dr Oz show where he informs people about different choices that are available so that we know more of the options open to us but have no problem coming hear and asking non medical people advice. I do know there are some medical people on here but they can not evaluate you on line. If nothing else, call a nurse line or google search things and go to multiple websites and compare answers.
    Judy

Quote Originally Posted by mojo11 View Post
    Some threads on posted on the general chit-chat (non quilting) for a reason. If you don't like the titles- don't read them. I don't agree with everything that is said: however, lets enjoy our freedom of speech while we still have it.
    Well said!!

This section is for:
    A place for photos and non-personal, general-interest subjects not related to quilting.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)
    “If you can’t see a mistake from 12 feet away, it doesn’t exist, and there are no perfect quilts and that helps a lot,” .......Greg Biornstad

I agree with mojo11. If you aren’t pleased with a topic, exercise your free-will and stop reading the messages. I have belonged to a number of message boards in the past, and usually there is at least one area set aside for off-topic conversations. Yes, we are all brought together by quilting, but we are also friends, and friends talk about a variety of topics. That is how we get to know one-another. However, you can choose to limit yourself to only those topics related to quilting, because this board is very well organized into categories.

The Quilting Board is comprised of a melting-pot of people with many different opinions and philosophies on life. Censoring or blocking the voice of some members to cater to the philosophies of other member is a paradox and a challenge. Moderators have a difficult role to play. Thank goodness most people understand the rules of the board, have a filter, and exercise common sense before posting.

Reading judgmental or critical comments about members who are replying to the subject of a thread is much more offensive than the controversial opinions related to the actual topic—because then it becomes personal and not just an opinion about a anonymous person or group of people.
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-08-2015 at 09:11 AM. Reason: remove further discussion of a closed thread

Blog Entries
    thanks for the words of appreciation!
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T – is it True? H – is it Helpful? I – is it Inspiring? N – is it Necessary? K – is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Blog Entries
    Yep, it's a lot of work to keep monitoring this board and go on with your own life too!! so big smile to you

But, but, but I'm nosey!! I WANT to know what was deleted LOL!!
    Better to do something imperfectly, than nothing perfectly.
    Done is better than perfect.

Blog Entries
    Administrators and moderators, YOU ROCK!!!

I appreciate the patience and kindness of the moderators that help me to learn the right way to do things.

Well said, especially because I am forever posting in the wrong place

I agree. Just because I don't care to read a message, doesn't mean you all shouldn't have the opportunity to read it. For example, I am not a fan of dogs, but most of you are. I just skip those posts.

I would NEVER even think about restricting others ability to discuss dogs....or any subject not to my exact liking. Lets not turn ourselves into warm milk....ICK!! I don't understand why some are so afraid of offending others, or why others are so easily offended. C'est La Vie!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mojo11 View Post