Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Theorectically, Could YOU go on a buying fast? >

Theorectically, Could YOU go on a buying fast?

Theorectically, Could YOU go on a buying fast?

Old 11-10-2010, 10:52 AM

Mkay, so y'all don't think I'm a nun...UPS just pulled up. :oops:
Old 11-10-2010, 10:58 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Rebecca VLQ
One of the ladies in my quilting group is a nun - didn't realize it for several years, though -

She likes fabric just as much as the rest of us!
Old 11-10-2010, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by bearisgray
Originally Posted by Rebecca VLQ
One of the ladies in my quilting group is a nun - didn't realize it for several years, though -

She likes fabric just as much as the rest of us!
Lol! Fabric Nun. Not a nun who likes fabric. :lol:
Old 11-10-2010, 11:07 AM

ROFL - I can do this so easy. ALl I have to do is turn off the computer, hide my credit cards, turn off all phones so friends cannot tell me or ask me to go shopping, then purchase a ball and chain too heavy for me to lug around, buy some blinders so I can't see.....see.... so easy. Oh and no television for sure. Will not listen to the Singing quilter Cathy MIller so won't hear her Stash song, see so simple.
By the way..... This is for just a day, right?????
Attached Images  
Old 11-10-2010, 11:10 AM

Famous last words of mine when a friend wants me to just "run out" to the fabric store: " Yes, of course, I'd love to go, but I'm just NOT buying anything this week."
(She blows the horn in my driveway as I'm still searching through which new pattern to bring with me.)

What's worse than going with a friend? Sneaking out on your own when you need a fix.
Old 11-10-2010, 11:10 AM

I could if I was stranded on a remote,deserted island without a chance of a rescue! :lol: :P
Old 11-10-2010, 11:11 AM
np3
Power Poster

Just the thought of doing that scares me. I need to go find my Connecting Threads catalog and order something.....now....
Old 11-10-2010, 11:15 AM

It's almost a "good" thing that it takes us 2 hrs. to get to MaryJo's near Charlotte. I actually thought of moving near there! how bad is thaaaat!
Old 11-10-2010, 11:24 AM

If I happen to go blind and lose my legs and voice. Maybe ---
Old 11-10-2010, 11:26 AM

I know this feeling/sentiment completely. I share in this addiction that seems to know no end. I've tried "fasting" but it doesn't work for me no matter how hard I try. I'm also addicted to notions, so I have a tool for practically everything. And thread, don't get me started on that because I own so many thread sets for every possible purpose, it's crazy.

I can't wait to be out of our apartment someday into a house where I can have a completely dedicated room that looks like a Joann's hurricane tore through, LOL. But for now my bedroom will have to do! So, I will stand with you in solidarity and admit that I too am an addict! :-D In that spirit, I will share with you all one of my most weakest moments and dirtiest secret shames, LOL...

Many months ago one of the thrift stores nearby me which had recieved donated to them - a mega-ton of all sorts of fabrics from a local fabric/craft store that closed. By the time I got there and saw the selection available much had already been sold according to the sale clerk... there were so many of them left over I found that hard to believe. As I continued to check out what was available and saw the price with my own two eyes - I simply couldn't resist... Ladies... they had bags of brand new assorted fabrics of every kind and designer imaginable weighing 3-5 lbs each costing only 25 cents each. So I did what any addict would do... I cleaned them clear out of the last of any and all of what they had left! I spent $50 for all of it! Oh what shame!!!! I now have four 22 Gallon Sterilite overflowing Storage Totes brimming with assorted fabrics, and a mind continually spiralling out of control with ideas and uses.

Ironically, the individual (my husband) who always teases me about my sewing possessions taking over our bedroom (he says all he wants to keep are the drawers in his nightstand for himself, LOL) - is the one who discovered this gem of a find in the thrift store and was the one to shout out "Honey check out this huge colletion of fabric for a quarter a piece! I bet you'd buy all of them if you had the room..."

I bet he regrets the "heads up" he gave me, especially after having to help me carry all those bags up 4 flights of stairs to the top floor of our apartment, LMAO! Ah... good times... I love my husband!