Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Thinking of relocating

I live in Tucson and love it. Some nice quilt shops and home are reasonable. If you want to be closer to Sedona try surprise , az. A lot to do there and close to Phoenix.

I live in Tucson and love it. Some nice quilt shops and home are reasonable. If you want to be closer to Sedona try surprise , az. A lot to do there and close to Phoenix.i am at rincon country west Rv resort and there are a lot of quilters and quilt shops in the area.

We live just south of Phoenix and love the southwest. It is relatively inexpensive, compared to many places. There are many mobile home parks and much to do nearby. It is hot in the summer, but everything is air conditioned and we don't have to shovel the sunshine! People are friendly and there are guilds and sewing groups . Come check out AZ!

Blog Entries
    oh this michigan lady would love to live someplace warm in the winter, and to be able to get out and walk in the winter would be awsome. half the kids live in n.c now. around raleigh. to me the temperature there is the best year round. a couple really hot months in the summer, but that is what air conditioning is for. and lights on the car to shop early and/or late.

Be sure and check the land rent in some mobile home parks. Most owners of parks make a killing on land rents because they are independent and not under the government's umbrella.

Used to live in central and south Ca. Weather is perfect but traffic and cost is bad.
    Have lived in AZ for many years. To hot in the desert areas and to expensive in Prescott.
    I live in Clay Springs AZ which is 17 miles outside Show Low. Pine tree country but not much snow. In fact the forrest is very dry for the last couple of years.
    It is windy a lot but love it here. It gets cold in the winter but not a lot of snow so no problems getting in and out to the highway.

Power Poster
    Check out South Carolina. Great climate and friendly people. Lots of history and a lot of mobile home living.

If were too move anywhere south of Wisconsin, which I never will, it would be in the Carolinas.

I live in Largo FL just down the road from Dunedin, between Clearwater and St. Pete, across the bridge from Tampa. I also recommend being near family. We vacationed out west, including AZ- some people like the dry- I'll take wrinkle reducing humidity any time! AZ was beautiful but I'm not one who could live in the desert and dry heat. Dunedin is a very nice area- there are several areas in Pinellas, Pasco or Hillsburough counties that might interest you, some more expensive than others. There are great quilt shops, guilds and quilt shows in this area and very varied areas close by, so lots to do, see and experience. Tampa airport is currently rated #3 in the world for on time flights, customer satisfaction and amenities- they are building on & shooting for #1. Classes and educational experiences of all types, art, museums, theater, concerts of all genres- churches with very active senior groups, parks, recreation, service opportunities- you want it it's around here someplace! Oh, except for snow and cold. They make manufactured snow at Christmas at a few places, and an outdoor skating rink at Christmas. It's not Rockefeller Center-but what else is? And you can always visit up north to get a fall or snow fix. Come check out the area and your family, we may just be the right fit
    “Come to me all you who are weary and I will give you rest”~Jesus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2