Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
? for those that embroider... >

? for those that embroider...

? for those that embroider...

Old 11-22-2014, 07:58 PM

Thank you Vicki for posting this. Yes I'm still new to embroidery and my biggest problem is that I don't know exactly what a design is. I have some cd's with pes format which is the one my machine uses but can't tell from the screen on the machine what they are and nothing on my computer will read that type of extention so I'm flying blind. I have a small brother machine which is just embroidery and the largest hoop size is 5 X 7 so I have to be careful of that as I would have no clue how to resize something to fit my hoop size. I'm hoping to upgrade to an Innovis E I think it's 1400 which is coming out in February. The size hoop is 6 X 10 so I'll be able to do a bit more. I'm still trying to learn which stabilizer to use with what but I get it wrong a lot. At the moment a lot is on hold until January but I'll still try stuff out as I can. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. I do take a monthly class but we are sent a list of what we need and the file to d/l to a flash drive. So I'm learning basic stuff but not the what do I use with this. Maybe that just comes with time and practice. I am enjoying what I can do with it so far.

Thank you all for the posts and recommendations. I have bookmarked the sites and will be reading up on them. And as I said all help with anything is greatly appreciated. I hope that by this time next year I'll be able to help others like me.

THANKS ALL
Old 11-22-2014, 08:05 PM

Up until a short time ago that's all I knew as well Barb. I'm in my mid 60's so doing it on a machine is like a whole new world. I just hope I can do this as there are so very many designs that I like especially the tile scenes that Anita Goodesign has that I'm anxious to try some day. Have already bought many of them for when that day comes and I feel like I know enough to try it.
Old 11-23-2014, 05:10 AM

Buzz Tools is great for extracting files and converting those files. You can also see your designs to decide what you like. Google "Buzz Tools". Good luck
Old 11-23-2014, 08:41 AM

Designers Gallery is great for that and you can do more than one design at a time