Ticked off at my Dentist!!

Old 07-30-2010, 08:45 AM

Love my dentist, wouldn't give up even when ins. changed, had one once, in a similar situation w/upcoming vac. started a root canal, had told him we could wait. hurt the whole time, lots of warm salt water seemed like the only thing that helped, But had another waited till mon to call, he told me not to, because they have on call weekend buddies. who knew.

Hope your tooth feels better, definately recontact!!
Old 07-30-2010, 12:29 PM

Im with lindyline on this one. I dont read dental xrays but am certified to read skeletal ones. Cracks often do not show immediately. The swelling or bruising in the area will cause the two pieces to be pushed together and you cant see the crack especially one that is oblique through the bone. Once the swelling recedes the crack opens up. This is such a frequent phenomenon that years ago, in private doctor's offices, the standard was to xray the area twice, once immediately and once in 24-48 hours after the swelling receded, before you stated there was absolutely no fracture. Now we have CT and MRI that are readily available.

If you were my patient, I would see you again immediately.
Old 07-30-2010, 02:35 PM

I had a horrible experience my last visit. A filling fell out. I told them it was not an emergency, but I needed an appointment. They schedule me at 11:30, not telling me they were working me in. They kept me waiting in the chair for an hour. That filling fell out in a few days. I ended up going back two more times to get satisfaction. I told them I would not wait that I worked for myself and if I was not working I was not earning. I was ready to take them to small claims court when we finally got everything worked out. I WILL NOT GO BACK TO THEM. I hate to go to the dentist, I'd rather go to the GYN dr. :lol: :lol:
Old 07-30-2010, 04:00 PM

I would do both.