Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
tiny tiny gardening tools?? >

tiny tiny gardening tools??

tiny tiny gardening tools??

Old 04-28-2013, 04:57 AM
  #1  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Connecticut shoreline
Posts: 2,024
Default tiny tiny gardening tools??

Has anyone seen really small doll size tools for gardening? I have a pattern for the american girl dolls that is a gardening hat and apron and tote and I thought little tools would be so cute in the tote...maybe I will just have to use tiny silk flowers in the tote but if I can find tools I'd like that.
Sue Fish is offline  
Old 04-28-2013, 04:59 AM
  #2  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Here not there
Posts: 1,449
Default

Have you looked in the doll house area at a craft store. If you have a Hobb Lobby look there where the doll house kits are. Good luck.
D
loves_2_quilt is offline  
Old 04-28-2013, 05:17 AM
  #3  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Connecticut shoreline
Posts: 2,024
Default

Originally Posted by loves_2_quilt View Post
Have you looked in the doll house area at a craft store. If you have a Hobb Lobby look there where the doll house kits are. Good luck.
D
thanks...doll house stuff would be too small but maybe in that section..thanks
Sue Fish is offline  
Old 04-28-2013, 05:24 AM
  #4  
Power Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 37,765
Default

​I have seen mini gardening tools at my $ store but I think they would be too big. They are the ones about 6 inches long for container gardening?
Tartan is offline  
Old 04-28-2013, 05:25 AM
  #5  
Super Member
 
lauriejo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 3,164
Default

Here is a tute to make your own. http://miniatures.about.com/od/dollh...ss/shovels.htm
It would be a bit of work, but you could make them whatever size you want.
lauriejo is offline  
Old 04-28-2013, 05:30 AM
  #6  
Power Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 16,804
Default

Originally Posted by Sue Fish View Post
thanks...doll house stuff would be too small but maybe in that section..thanks
Doll Houses come in different scales ... so you would just need to get the right scale for your doll size.


Yesterday in the $ $tore there was a metal back scratcher that'd probably be the right size for a a rake. It telescoped out and when collapsed was about the size of a razor.
QuiltE is offline  
Old 04-28-2013, 09:47 AM
  #7  
Junior Member
 
seam-ripper-sue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: south-central KY
Posts: 116
Default

I have found 5" gardening tools at Micheal's craft store and Ben Franklin's in the section where unpainted small wooden spools and candle cups are found. I made a wind chime from them and I have 1pkg. left if you would like a pic of them, just let me know and I will post it. The pkg I have left is a shovel, hoe and pitch fork.
seam-ripper-sue is offline  
Old 04-28-2013, 10:36 AM
  #8  
Super Member
 
SewExtremeSeams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 7,741
Default

Originally Posted by lauriejo View Post
Here is a tute to make your own. http://miniatures.about.com/od/dollh...ss/shovels.htm
It would be a bit of work, but you could make them whatever size you want.
Thank you!
SewExtremeSeams is offline  
Old 04-28-2013, 11:12 AM
  #9  
Super Member
 
gramajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Peotone IL
Posts: 2,802
Default

Or try googling for terrarium garden tools.
gramajo is offline  
Old 04-28-2013, 02:03 PM
  #10  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Connecticut shoreline
Posts: 2,024
Default

Originally Posted by seam-ripper-sue View Post
I have found 5" gardening tools at Micheal's craft store and Ben Franklin's in the section where unpainted small wooden spools and candle cups are found. I made a wind chime from them and I have 1pkg. left if you would like a pic of them, just let me know and I will post it. The pkg I have left is a shovel, hoe and pitch fork.
Oh perfect and I have a 50% off coupon lol!
Sue Fish is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Auntie M
Main
17
07-11-2017 06:26 PM
AFQSinc
Main
3
08-06-2012 07:04 PM
Flying_V_Goddess
General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
13
01-30-2010 07:06 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


FREE Quilting Newsletter


SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.