Tipper & Al

Old 06-02-2010, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by KarenSimon
DH and I celebrated 40 in March. After you got 'em trained, why would you want to start all over again?
You don't start over. Haven't you heard that married men and unmarried women live the longest? Must be a reason for that. :shock:
Old 06-02-2010, 07:25 PM

I don't care for the Gore's but hate to see the marriage end. I used to think that if a couple could last 20 yrs. that they could last forever. Problem many face is that they are so busy raising the kids, then the kids leave home, then they look at each other & ask "Now what?" They really don't know each other very well. Or like what they learn. Sad. We've been married for going on 33 yrs. & I have felt like tossing in the towel before but heck, I really do not want that. After I get over being mad, he is a very nice guy. LOL
Old 06-02-2010, 07:44 PM

It's sad about the marriage ending. They suffer from what a lot of couples do. They are not making the time to nuture the relationship. These days because of all the demands of life, there is less an 'us against the world' attitude and more of a 'you do your thing and I'll do mine'. My parents were married for 50 years when my dad died suddenly. The relationship they had was so strange, all I can say is sometimes misery loves company. Al Gore is the total package, though. A hottie actually. They just released information this week on a study regarding divorce. They said because the divorce rate of the world is so high, it gobbles so much more energy and resources. A second househould has to be set up with devices and appliances, another vehicle, the gas or plane fuel that's wasted shuffling the kids back and forth etc. Ironic that Mr. Green is going to become a statistic.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:55 PM
Power Poster

A marriage does take work - LOTS of it. Pat and I have 33 years and with him working a different shift, it has been a challenge to find that togetherness. Growing apart doesn't happen over night - it is a gradual separation, and if both decide that life without the other is OK then why shouldn't they call it quits. Something tells me that the Gores will not call it quits on their friendship and their parental responsibilities. They will do just fine.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by quiltinghere
AHHHH I know what's wrong!

TIPPER MUST NOT QUILT! If she did, they're marriage would probably go on and on and on. She'd be waiting for him to leave town again! ROFLMAO
Bahahaaaaa! :lol:
Old 06-03-2010, 04:38 AM
Administrator

the saddest thing about this is that Tipper and Al will not be allowed to settle their differences, mourn the loss of their best friendship, and move on

in privacy.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by KarenSimon
DH and I celebrated 40 in March. After you got 'em trained, why would you want to start all over again?
Dh and I 22 years. If anyone thinks marriage is all peaches and cream. Their dreaming! We have a happy marriage but it has taken alot of work getting here. This year we started taking weekend trips alone without the kids (20 and 16).And of course there's date night at least once a month. Doing this has brought back that spark we had when dating before we got married. It is as simple as going for a walk on the beach during sunset... And my kids encourage it... one night they played Waiter and waitress... candles, menu, wine and of course music ...oh and did I tell you they also cooked! Now thats a great date! :thumbup: :thumbup: So why would I want to start over again! I would be pooped! :thumbup:
Old 06-04-2010, 06:20 PM
Power Poster

I was married 20 years and it was never good. I kept hoping with a lot of work it would get better but it never did. counciling and the whole bit didn't help. My kids and family celebrated when we called it quits. It was the hardest thing I ever did.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:42 PM
Power Poster

To tell the truth, it does not distress me as much as Marge and Dick Van Dyke. For some reason that one upset me greatly.