Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Tornados

Yesterday was rough, no power they say it will be 4-5 days. We have a am generator, that helps alot.

Quote Originally Posted by bamamama
    Yesterday was rough, no power they say it will be 4-5 days. We have a am generator, that helps alot.
    Glad to hear your OK though! 4-5 days without power is minimal compared to the tremendous losses others have suffered.

Thanks for checking in.

Blog Entries
    Glad to hear you are ok, and very fortunate.

Blog Entries
    hope things get better for all in your area. The Lord was looking after you. HUGS to all in the path of all this wicked weather.

Blog Entries
    Very happy to hear you are OK. :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by bamamama
    Oh, I do feel for you! We just haven't been able to rest much just thinking about these terrible tornadoes. We used our generator last year in June when the tornado ripped through here. We had to leave our torn up house. I really didn't think this feeling would last this long, but I haven't slept well since the first tornado swept through this spring.

We pray daily for all of you!
    Melody

Blog Entries
    I have been watching the new all morning and have been shocked and saddened at all the devastation I've been seeing and the loss of lives. Stay safe Deb and everyone else in harms way!

Blog Entries
    Last night was so scary. We had numerous tornado sightings/touchdowns where we live. I work in a hospital and it was the first time that we had to actually call a Code Toro (Tornado Warning). It was very surreal having all our patients out in the hall, close to the desk and away from the windows in their rooms. It was a night we thought would never end. We were blessed not to have received any damage this time.

Blog Entries
    Thank the Lord you are safe!! Luckily, you have a generator!

Glad to hear you are safe. They showed the awful damage on tv. Prayers being said for all.

Glad you're okay! My brother lives in Tuscaloosa. He called my mom to say they were okay but she didn't think to ask if they had power. We assume they are out helping others since they aren't answering the phone or emails.

Here in Selma we are all ok. Was spared the worst. Just high winds and rain. Anyone nearby, if you need anything just PM me. Tuscaloosa and Birmingham only about 45 min to hour away. Dont know where Madison is in relation to me.

Glad to know that you;re ok.I thought about you alot today

We had some incredible storms pass over us here in MD, but nothing like the carnage further west. A friend of mine in Alabama had to run with her family and her dog into a neighbor's basement while a tornado leveled her home to its foundation. She lost everything - house, cars, her at-home business in her sewing room, and all of her pet guinea pigs and rats. Absolutely devastating. It's amazing they escaped with their lives, though her daughter is on oxygen right now.

A wonderful group of her friends online who work with Guinea Pig Rescues have started a fund on her family's behalf.

http://sponsoraguineapig.blogspot.com/

These are all of the babies that she lost, all of them rescues, along with her work space. Seeing the pictures, it's just heartbreaking for me to imagine what she's going through.

http://cozycavy.com/3.html

I'm simply reposting this to get the word out about poor Marsha. I know that her story has been repeated over and over these past few days.