Tornados

Old 04-29-2014, 08:34 AM

Prayers and thoughts to anyone who was effected. Can't believe this after all the freezing weather and snow you've had over there.
Old 04-29-2014, 09:07 AM

It was very intense here in Central AR, Will, #2 son, lives just miles from Mayflower and it missed him. They are hosting in their home, a close friend who lost his home and part of a business. Fortunately, they were insured and they report victims are opimistic. Concerned citizens have responded exceedingly well since the tornado. Tyson, Walmart and Verizon just a few wth truckloads of emergency assistance. Yet, there are some who had no insurance, those are the ones who really must feel desperate.
The people in the path of this storm...take cautious steps to be safe. NOAA estimated winds of 136 to 165 MPH hit AR. So, take care...
Old 04-29-2014, 09:10 AM

Praying for all in tornado's path. Used to live in Ft. Worth and went through more than one. Son still lives there and I worry about him and his daughter.
Old 04-29-2014, 10:24 AM

Thank you, Jan. My daughter just left Winchester yesterday morning and went right through the worst of it - spent last night in Birmingham, which was hit during the night. She woke up feeling 'hot,' and found out they had lost power, but fortunately, it was only temporary. I've worried a lot, because this morning she went through Meridian and Hattiesburg, which were right in the eye of the storm. She's on I-10 now, and headed westward, so hopefully, she's out of danger. She was ever so grateful to find her car where she had left it, and totally undamaged. Many people weren't so lucky!
Old 04-29-2014, 11:19 AM

As one who lost home and most everything else in the Joplin tornado almost 3years ago, I know how hard it is to recover from a tornado, even with insurance. We are just now opening boxes and getting settled in, it has been the hardest 3 years of our lives. We are still jumpy when the sky gets dark and the wind begins to blow. When the sirens went off here, we RAN for the basement!

Anything you are lead to do will help, even a small donation, or sending a set of sheets, or blankets, towels, everything is needed! Not everyone can physically go and work, but even a little help means so much at a time like this. The clean up and rebuilding is harder and so much longer than you can imagine, people and animals need help for a long long time.Never think a small bit of help isn't worth giving, it all helps.
Old 04-29-2014, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
My thoughts and prayers of well being and safety for our QBees in the paths of these horrible spring storms/tornados. We worry for each you.
Jan, so glad you posted this. Yes, we will keep our friends in our prayers.
Old 04-30-2014, 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by Judie View Post
As one who lost home and most everything else in the Joplin tornado almost 3years ago, I know how hard it is to recover from a tornado, even with insurance. We are just now opening boxes and getting settled in, it has been the hardest 3 years of our lives. We are still jumpy when the sky gets dark and the wind begins to blow. When the sirens went off here, we RAN for the basement!

Anything you are lead to do will help, even a small donation, or sending a set of sheets, or blankets, towels, everything is needed! Not everyone can physically go and work, but even a little help means so much at a time like this. The clean up and rebuilding is harder and so much longer than you can imagine, people and animals need help for a long long time.Never think a small bit of help isn't worth giving, it all helps.
I agree wholeheatedly. Went through Hurricane Katrina on the roof top of my house. Prayers are with everyone in the path of the tornados.
Old 04-30-2014, 07:41 AM

Adding my thoughts and prayers from MA.
Old 04-30-2014, 10:32 AM

Thanks for starting this thread Jan in VA. for starting this thread. Been watching the news several times a day. Peace be with you to all in these geographic areas. We Pray daily for your safety.