Traffic in Philadelphia

Old 09-28-2012, 09:41 AM

Default Traffic in Philadelphia

I'm thinking about taking my niece to Philadelphia next June for a few days. I've never been there before and am wondering how bad the traffic is. I have driven in Cincinnati without any problems. Also Toronto, although that was a little hectic. I'm thinking if I go there on a Sunday, traffic should be lightest then. I would probably take her to the Zoo and to see the Liberty bell. For those of you who have driven in Philadelphia, how bad is the traffic? How about parking for those two places? Any other places you would recommend?

Thanks for your help.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:50 AM

I don't think the traffic in Philly is bad at all. The zoo and the Liberty Bell are on opposite sides of the city. Parking at the zoo is no issue whatsoever as they have their own lots. Liberty Bell shouldn't be too bad, there are plenty of parking garages in the area. Parking is not cheap unless you get into one of the lots/garages EARLY - usually before 8AM on a weekday. There is plenty to see and do, especially around the Liberty Bell area. Not sure the age of your niece - that might change recommended sights to see. Feel free to PM me if you'd like.
Old 09-28-2012, 03:16 PM
Power Poster

What you want to see will depend on how long you are staying. The zoo is almost a full day becaus eyou are exhausted when done. The liberty bell is right in the center of old city and there is so much to see and do it could take several days to do it well. The contitution center is wonderful and right across the river, a short ferry ride, is the aquarium. You must contact the Phila. Tourism bureau. They will send you guide books and lots of cool things to see and do. Try googling it. A great little city.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:32 PM
Power Poster

Nothing is as bad as driving in nyc or onthe long island expressway. On e youve done that the rest is a walk in the park.
ifyou get my way,letme know andwell meetup.
Old 09-29-2012, 04:00 AM

Thanks everyone!
Old 09-30-2012, 01:18 PM

I lived in the Phila. area. Married there and had my kids there, but when I go back and have to drive, I say to myself, "I can't believe that I use to drive in this traffic." I guess it would depend on where you live now as a comparison.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:22 PM

If you are going to see the liberty bell and independence hall, check into the visitors center to get a time to go see them. It was free ten years ago to see these things then. Some other places of interest was ben Franklin.'s print shop., besty Ross home and the u s mint. To see the mint fill out the application online. Have to be preapproved.