Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Trouble sending a private message >

Trouble sending a private message

Trouble sending a private message

Old 11-11-2011, 02:48 AM
Power Poster

Unhappy Trouble sending a private message

For the first time since joining the QB I cannot send a PM. I keep getting an error that says I have reached the maximum storage of PM's and cannot send any more messages until room has been created. I have deleted pages upon pages of messages and continue to get the same message. Is there a certain number of messages I must delete to in order to be able to send a PM? HELP
Old 11-11-2011, 02:58 AM

I had the same problem and it said that the person I was sending it to, had to do the same to receive the PM's.
Old 11-11-2011, 04:08 AM
MTS
Banned

You can only have a maximum of 500 messages stored - this includes your INBOX and SENT and any additional folders you might have set up.

If you scroll all the way down your PRIVATE MESSAGE page, you'll see a tan FOLDER CONTROLS section.

The next line states:
Inbox contains X messages. You have Y messages stored, of a total 500 allowed.

Note the # of messages stored also includes INBOX and SENT and the other folders.
Until your total stored amount is under 500, you will not be able to send any messages.

Last edited by MTS; 11-11-2011 at 04:17 AM.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:14 AM
Power Poster

This to me is unbelieveable. Is this a rule from now on? I have a very important message to send to a moderator and it takes forever to delete all the messages. I have been trying for 2 days and have several thousand to go yet. I guess there is no choice. Think it would have been nice if there were a message at the beginning of the PM section to let one know. Why are messages not just dropped off after a certain time unless you say SAVE?

Originally Posted by MTS View Post
You can only have a maximum of 500 messages stored - this includes your INBOX and SENT and any additional folders you might have set up.

If you scroll all the way down your PRIVATE MESSAGE page, you'll see a tan FOLDER CONTROLS section.

The next line states:
Inbox contains X messages. You have Y messages stored, of a total 500 allowed.

Note the # of messages stored also includes INBOX and SENT and the other folders.
Until your total stored amount is under 500, you will not be able to send any messages.

Last edited by twinkie; 11-11-2011 at 08:17 AM.
Old 11-11-2011, 09:29 AM

Can you email the moderator instead? I know that Patrice has an email listed at the bottom of every one of her posts.
Old 11-11-2011, 09:37 AM
Power Poster

If I had that many to delete, I would download them to my computer, and save them. Then I would just delete all of them. But that is just me...
Old 11-11-2011, 11:44 AM
MTS
Banned

Originally Posted by twinkie View Post
This to me is unbelieveable. Is this a rule from now on?
It's not so much a community rule as a function of the board software.

I'm not sure if it can be set higher, but I do know that the same 500 limit for stored messages exists on other boards that I currently frequent that also use the same software.

Doesn't immediately help your situation.

Here's the email: [email protected]
Old 11-12-2011, 03:41 AM
Power Poster

Patrice was who I was trying to PM and couldn't however, after spending an hour, I apparently deleted enough PMs to send the message. Thanks

Originally Posted by MTS View Post
It's not so much a community rule as a function of the board software.

I'm not sure if it can be set higher, but I do know that the same 500 limit for stored messages exists on other boards that I currently frequent that also use the same software.

Doesn't immediately help your situation.

Here's the email: [email protected]
Old 11-12-2011, 05:22 AM

I'm receiving the same problem. Last week, the email from the QB said my PM box was full, so I totally deleted everything, or at least I clicked the button that said delete, clicked again saying yes, delete. Apparently it doesn't delete and I can't send a PM to Patrice or anyone, because the box is full. I tried again this morning, same thing, so I'm sorry I can't help you, but if someone can help you, then please let everyone else know how to delete the messages.