Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Trying to bless some people :)

Trying to bless some people :)

I've also been able to make a bag and some purses for the operation Samaritan's purse, hopefully making some little girl happy. Filled the purse with girly things

Also made a couple little toys for tiny baby twin boys, when they are so little it makes it easier for them to grab as the legs and arms are not filled with any stuffing.

In between I have been busy making Froebel/Moravian Christmas Stars out of paper. Beginning of December I will go and visit the Chemo unit in the hospital my husband was looked after before passing away last year and give them to some patients there, for a little special Christmas feeling

Thanks for looking!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Elfi
    Your mind is a garden, your thoughts are the seeds....you can grow flowers or you can grow weeds!!!

The things you do for yourself are gone when you’re gone, but the things you do for others remain as your legacy. ~ Kalu Kalu

You have been very busy and thoughtful. Some little girl is going to love her purse full of special goodies. The baby toys are darling, and the paper stars look really complicated. Very cool.

Power Poster
    Well done and sure to be a blessing!

You are a blessing to others. I know the individuals who receive the gifts you lovingly made will love them. May God Bless You.
    Fabric is like money, no matter how much you have it's never enough.

What a warm heart you have. Your bag & purses will be a sweet surprise to a little girl. Those toys for boys are so cute. I never thought about not stuffing arms & legs for easier grab. That's a great idea. The patients will surely love those stars you are making. That will make them feel so special this Christmas. So very, very sorry for the loss of your dear husband last year. I hope making things for others will help you during the holidays.

I like all the variety and especially the stuffed animals. Very sweet.

How kind of you do do this for others. I’m sure all your gifts will delight to whoever receives them.

Blog Entries
    nicely done
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T – is it True? H – is it Helpful? I – is it Inspiring? N – is it Necessary? K – is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Blog Entries
    What wonderful donation gifts. You have gotten a lot accomplished!
    Mavis

Your gifts will be treasured! I love them all! What wonderful gifts!

I love your projects. You have a huge heart!

Very sweet gifts! Well done... Love your paper stars too.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

DJ
    What a wonderful way to spread Christmas cheer! Great work!

Great job on all of your gifts, they will be loved by all who receive them! Where did you find the two sided paper to make the stars?

Over the years I have made hundreds of the stars using white paper and then dip them in wax and sprinkle with glitter. Now I want to make more using the pretty printed paper like you used.

Jan

Blog Entries
    Oh Elfi2, those are so wonderful. you will put smiles in someone's lives. good for you. Hugs ((())) to you too!

All of your projects are very pretty and will be loved.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Is the two-sided paper origami paper? I would like to learn how to make those stars.

You are very kind and generous. Your future visit to the chemo unit with the gifts of the Moravian stars is about the true meaning of Christmas.

The gifts are truly thoughtful and you are a blessing to so many people!
    Some people know how to put a blessing into any situation!

Quote Originally Posted by Garden Gnome View Post
    Is the two-sided paper origami paper? I would like to learn how to make those stars.
    HI HI!!! Those are strips you can buy in different length and width. I have seen on the english - Australian/American eBay pages you get them in different colours but I bought mine in the German eBay, those are the ones with patterns. You'll have to check if they send them to the States, I had them sent to friends in Germany and they sent them on. You have to look for Faltstreifen fuer Froebelsterne and check with them, I'm sure you can correspond with them in English to ask any questions you might have.
    For the tutorial go on YouTube and look for Tutorial for Moravian stars, in Germany we learn from family who've made them over all those years but you'll get the hang of it watching the video clip Good luck!!!
    Elfi
    Your mind is a garden, your thoughts are the seeds....you can grow flowers or you can grow weeds!!!

The things you do for yourself are gone when you’re gone, but the things you do for others remain as your legacy. ~ Kalu Kalu

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
    Great job on all of your gifts, they will be loved by all who receive them! Where did you find the two sided paper to make the stars?

Over the years I have made hundreds of the stars using white paper and then dip them in wax and sprinkle with glitter. Now I want to make more using the pretty printed paper like you used.

Jan
    Hi Jan!!!
    Those are strips you can buy in different length and width. I have seen on the english - Australian/American eBay pages you get them in different colours but I bought mine in the German eBay, those are the ones with patterns. You'll have to check if they send them to the States, I had them sent to friends in Germany and they sent them on. You have to look for Faltstreifen fuer Froebelsterne and check with them, I'm sure you can correspond with them in English to ask any questions you might have. Good luck!!!
    Elfi

Blog Entries
    What wonderful gifts you've made!! Bless you