Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Tutorial for making a fabric basket is done! >

Tutorial for making a fabric basket is done!

Tutorial for making a fabric basket is done!

Old 08-09-2011, 07:15 AM

The tutorial for making this fabric basket is done! Thanks to all who requested it and who have waited patiently for it. Though it's been bounced around a bit...it has landed back in tutorials and you should find it there at...
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-143655-1.htm The title of the tutorial is: How to make a coiled fabric basket using clothesline and strips of fabric.
You can also find another basket that was made using the same technique at... http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-142012-1.htm

This is a great projects for using up your tiniest scraps of fabric!! Quilters are a very frugal bunch as I can tell, and hate to throw anything away! So what to do with your small strips? You can save anything that's 1/2 to 3/4 inches in width and use it to make a basket/bowl/purse, etc. Just think...make your quilt and use the leftovers to make a coordinating basket or bowl to go on the nightstand beside the quilt you made. The ideas are endless! Good luck with the tutorial. If you do want to try this I highly recommend Susan Breier's book, "It's a Wrap". I have just highlighted the steps in the tutorial, she however gives a lot more detail, instructions and lots of pictures!

blessings, Karen
Attached Thumbnails attachment-238948.jpe  
Old 08-09-2011, 07:28 AM

Sew pretty, I'm going to Walmart for clothesline on my lunch break. Thanks for the tute
Old 08-09-2011, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by lyndad
Sew pretty, I'm going to Walmart for clothesline on my lunch break. Thanks for the tute
I was told that the Dollar Store may have the cotton clothesline that the author of the book, "It's a Wrap" recommends. I haven't tried the cotton yet, but am pleased with the way the polyester clothesline worked out.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by karenm36
I was told that the Dollar Store may have the cotton clothesline that the author of the book, "It's a Wrap" recommends. I haven't tried the cotton yet, but am pleased with the way the polyester clothesline worked out.
Everytime I click on the link I get an error message.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by valsma
Originally Posted by karenm36
Everytime I click on the link I get an error message.
Now try it...I had a "period" after the link and I think that's what messed it up. I took the period off and I think it will work for you now. It did for me. Thanks for letting me know! Karen
Old 08-09-2011, 04:53 PM

Thanks works now. Looks good. I will have to give it a try.