TV

Old 09-03-2009, 03:40 PM

I like to watch PBS because it has sewing shows on like Quilt in A Day
Old 09-04-2009, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by littlehud
Originally Posted by tlrnhi
Hmm.......the only tv I sit and watch, when the shows are on are...NCIS, Survivor, Amazing Race, sometimes Bachelor/Bachelorette and sometimes Dancing With The Stars.
Other than that, I don't watch much, well, unless Gordon Ramsey is on lol
OH Terri, we love Hells Kitchen here. We DVR it and my DD and I pick our time to watch it together. What fun.
I get Hell's Kitchen once in a while. All depends on if the network here is working. With the lines and all, phone/cable and power goes out quite often. Plus, I mostly forget when it's on. Hubby comes home after 6pm, so once Courtney and I are done with dinner (he usually eats on the ship), we spend time on the balcony just chit chatting. I'll usually go into my sewing room and reappear once I have something done to show so I can get the "oohs and ahhs".
I do have a tv in my sewing room, but it's hard to watch a show when you are trying to sew. I mainly have it for the noise factor.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by redkimba
Is this one of the series with that Gordon Ramsay fellow? Man, is he foul-mouthed. He would make a platoon of Marines blush....

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
Hell's Kitchen will make you not want to eat out ever again. Do you see all that sweat dripping into the food? Same with Iron Chef! LOL
I love Gordon Ramsey. Yes, his mannerism isn't quite there, but love his recipes and his shows.

Bellaboo...ever work in a restaurant?
Old 09-04-2009, 03:06 PM

DH & I watch network news & PBS news most nights. We enjoy a lot of PBS shows. I like Grey's Anatomy, Fringe & The Mentalist - I DVR them so I can ditch the ads. Someone made Castle sound interesting. I DVR quilting shows, and I watch them while I'm doing my daily 20 minutes on my NordicTrak.

DH is the cook - chef - in our house, so he watches fome of the cooking shows.

We use our TV more with our DVD player than for TV shows. We love movies and subscribe to Netflix, so we use our DVD player a lot. We watch Netflix stuff that's NOT movies, too. This year we've gone through a bunch of old BBC series - , Inspector Morse, Monarch of the Glen, Ballykissangel, Fawlty Towers, Monty Python - all available from Netflix. Currently, we're going through the British serish, Atlas of the World.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:16 PM

i've gotten those. i just ignore them. i think they pull results out of a hat, anyway.
Old 09-05-2009, 02:30 PM
Power Poster

I watch a LOT of PBS as I get 3 different channels here... :D :D :D
Old 09-05-2009, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by barnbum
I say tell them you don't watch TV and let them have someone else do it. Don't start watching it!! :wink:
This is what I do. We don't watch tv in our home, don't have cable so can't if we wanted to. We are on some list and get calls all the time about TV shows or movies and such. I just tell them I don't watch TV and only go to the theater for a movie maybe once a year, if even.
Old 09-05-2009, 05:23 PM

I don't watch any reality shows. I never miss NCIS and House (I record them on DVR and watch when I have time). I also like Mental.