Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
:( two weeks off and no quilting... >

:( two weeks off and no quilting...

:( two weeks off and no quilting...

Old 03-13-2010, 11:35 AM

I had rotater cuff done in Nov. BUT it tore out now next month they are going to replace the shoulder. Not looking forward to that I hurts. had both knees replaced last year. That is bad but shoulder is worse. Good luck on your surgery
Old 03-13-2010, 12:39 PM

HANG IN THERE IT DOES GET BETTER, I ALSO HAD SURGERY THERE WAS LOTS OF PAIN BEFORE SUREGERY ,YOU HAVE TO KEEP THINKING OF WHEN YOU ARE HEALED .I HOPE YOU ARE GOING TO REHAB ,AS IT REALLY DOES ALOT OF GOOD .IF YOU DON'T YOU COULD END UP WITH A FROZEN SHOULDER ,GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS
Old 03-13-2010, 01:11 PM

How are you doing? I know it's only been two days since you first posted, but do you notice little improvements each day?

Are you allowed to do any hand sewing (at lap level)?

You can always use the time to design future projects!
Old 03-13-2010, 01:30 PM
Power Poster

The first couple of weeks are the worst, but then the pain becomes more manageable :wink: hang in there, once you recover being pain free is awesome!!! I had this surgery 3 years ago and I am so glad I had it done :D:D:D
Old 03-13-2010, 04:56 PM

Not to make you feel worse, but at this point, even tho' you are hurting, this part isn't so bad as, I am guessing, you have pain meds...yes? I found the start of therapy was worse since nothing stronger than over the counter pain meds then. Hang in there....it really will be soooooooo much better once you get the use of your arm back. When I had mine done, my step-son was playing college football. My goal was to be able to raise my arm high enough again to make that "touchdown" arm raise. It took a lot of perseverance and hard work, but I made it...and you will too.

Sounds like there are a few on here that have had rotator surgery done, so we understand what you are going thru'....so if you get frustrated, feel free to vent. We know what you are dealing with.

Healing hugs

Patti
Old 03-13-2010, 04:57 PM

My heart goes out to you... I had the surgery done several years ago and NEVER have had such pain and discomfort...and my SIL just had it done in Oct. 09 and I told her it would hurt...everything is attached...your arm, your back, your neck, she didn't believe me as Dr. told her the "discomfort would be minimal"...she said....HE LIED!!!!! I pray for your comfort in the shadow of angels wings.
Old 03-13-2010, 05:08 PM

Just hang in there and follow the Doc's orders. Don't try to over do. Sending you a hug.:)
Old 03-13-2010, 06:05 PM

I had the opposite problem. Four weeks ago I broke my foot. I have been in a big black boot apperatise on my right foot. Can't drive, can't sew, but the worst part was that I was prepaid to take a quilting class at the quilt show in somerset N.J. So I packed up my stuff, had my DFIL drive me there, hobbled in on crutches dragging my rolling sewing machine cart. And being a stubborn pollack that I am I used my left foot, it was dicey for the first few minutes but now I can use the sewing machine with both feet. It's the standing to cut that gets tiring. But I can SEW!
Old 03-14-2010, 08:22 PM
Banned

I am so sorry for your pain, but please go easy, I had back surgery in feb, but we have cats so I decided that I would try to vaccume. I tripped and wrecked the back surgery. now pain is twice as bad and I don't have money for surgery again. so sit back and try to heal, and follow all Doctors orders. my prayers are with you. Penny
Old 03-14-2010, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by DollyRose
major rotator cuff surgery on the 5th and here I sit with orders not to raise my right arm, period, anything higher than my lap is off limits. Oh, and the pain, nobody said it would hurt this bad...
OUCH! sounds worse than a bad tooth. Had a friend have that issue from wrestling with one of her boys. He jumped from the couch on her. After she had surgery she said it was much better. So just hang in there, it will get better.