Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: tying nursing to quilting...need your help!

Blog Entries

tying nursing to quilting...need your help!

Hey everyone. I really need help. I am a nurse manager. On my unit, I have a recognition board that I post patient comments about my staff. It is currently set up with a cute underwater scene and compliments are written on paper fish in the board. Has a cute comment about good catches in nursing care. I want to change it up and start building a paper quilt on the board, with each piece having a patient comment. Here is where I need help.....what quilt pattern? Cute phrase tying quilting to nursing care?

I think a signature block would be perfect. I suppose you could say something about stitching them back together lol.
    Join the JUNE Pincushion & Needlecase swap:http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...t-t247379.html

One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries A. A. Milne

Power Poster
    The only one that comes to mind might be Warm Wishes? Try flipping through a book of quilt block or try quilter's cache and see if one may apply. Someone else may have a better idea. I can't think of anything to tie the 2 together except comforter/quilt ......comforter/nurse?

Nurses help keep patients from falling to pieces?

You could have a quilt with applique' and use just about anything. Fall leaves, maybe? Giant Dresden Plate?
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

Do a pinwheel and the heading can be "Stitch by stitch, nurses hold it all together."

Power Poster
    Quilter's Cache/quilt blocks galore has a 12 inch block named Red Cross. Maybe you can do something around it?

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the input. I'm still undecided......will let you know when I make up many mind. It's like trying to decide what quilt to pick of mangy bucket list!!!!!

Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!
    I would think to keep the design simple-a 9 patch block quilt (paper) with sashing between the blocks. and I like the "nurses keep it all together" line also. just my vote
    You never stand taller than when you stoop to help a child.

Piecing it together, one patient at a time. Maybe a cute dresden plate with enough room to comment in the center.

A nine patch came to my mind at once.

I made a quilt using stars and over each center of the star I sewed into the quilt a piece of quilters plastic (got it at Joann's)...put pictures in each block. Pictures are easily removed because only 3 sides were sewn into the seams of the block, so it was very easy to change the pictures as the family grew - it started out as a wedding album for a couple. You could make something like that and it would last forever and it would be easy to change out the comments. If you wanted to just stick with paper, you could make log cabin blocks by using white and pastel/bright colored paper strips.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the great ideas. You all have definitely given me things worth considering. I'll post pictures when I figure it out.