US mail grrrrrrrrrr

Old 09-27-2011, 12:21 PM

I had ordered some things from Amazon and they were due today according to the email I got. I looked up the tracking number and it says out for delivery.
Now, postman has been here and gone - no package! Where is it? Was he not paying attention and delivered it elsewhere again(yes this has happened before)
According to the USPS site, you can call up to 8:30 pm, I doubt that they are still out delivering then though.
It has a delivery confirmation when it is delivered.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:25 PM
Google Goddess

I hope you get it soon, can you call the post office and have them to track it for you
Old 09-27-2011, 12:25 PM

Happened to me. Postman delivered package to wrong address. The other party kept it. Postman paid me $130. out of his own pocket. :| :| :| :|
Old 09-27-2011, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by craftybear
I hope you get it soon, can you call the post office and have them to track it for you
If it has not arrived by 7 pm I will call customer service and give them an earful.
Funny thing is, another item that I ordered started out in North Carolina, went to Georga and is now in Tenn. at the sorting facility. Good grief, what a waste of gas etc.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:33 PM
Power Poster

I've noticed some strange stuff going on lately also.
With all the talk of closing distribution centers around the country I think it's affecting delivery.
I sent a package to Brazil and instead of leaving Columbus and going to Chicago it went to NY and sat there for over a week!

My mail carrier is such a nice guy- he told me some horror stories after I mentioned things I've noticed. He can't wait to retire and get out of there.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:38 PM

Our post office is rural so they are more layed back about deliveries. Which concerns me about missed letters and packages.
They don't get paid the same as gov't employees.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:39 PM

Some days my mail doesn't come until LATE! They did just do a news piece for our area/ Charlotte, Hickory, that they are running some routes late at night instead of early in the day. Don't remember their reasoning behind it. So don't fret! It could still show up!
Old 09-27-2011, 12:39 PM
Power Poster

The mail service is not the best here either. I sent out shower invites about 3 years ago. Half where delivered and the other half have still not shown up. Where are they? Whatever happened to "the mail must go through!" Pony express anyone?
Old 09-27-2011, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingKrazy
Some days my mail doesn't come until LATE! They did just do a news piece for our area/ Charlotte, Hickory, that they are running some routes late at night instead of early in the day. Don't remember their reasoning behind it. So don't fret! It could still show up!
He should have delivered it when he put the rest of my mail in the box.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:48 PM

Are you sure it's USPS and not UPS? post office does not use "out for delivery" in the tracking info. It would say "arrival at unit" then "delivered". My dbf is a carrier and when he scans the packages is does not read out for delivery.