Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 65

Thread: A very kind and generous board member....

  1. #26
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Mabank, Texas
    Posts
    8,276
    Pepper is so cute and so is his new friend.

  2. #27
    Senior Member pinecone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    811
    Looks like Pepper is a very happy camper ~ and pretty also!

    piney

  3. #28
    Super Member sash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,893
    That is so sweet. I was babysitting (guess it would be dogsitting) my sons and wife's 3 dogs a couple days last week while they got tile laid down. We have a little black dog that plays with one toy only so I had already put that up. But I let the "others" play with some old toys we had.
    LOL. Two of the "others" didn't bother them, but the third one (who is also a newly rescued pound adoptee) went through 3 different toys in just a matter of maybe a day. Two were rubber and he completely demolished those and tore off one end of a hot dog, which I rescued and stitched back together. I thought it was pretty funny. You gotta love this doggie; he was within days of going to "doggie heaven", I'm sure. So, I was just happy knowing he was going to be well cared for and loved. Actually, he's a pretty good dog. Nothing lost that can't be replaced and they were not loved toys by my dog. Just thought I would share.

  4. #29
    Super Member Carron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    desert area of California
    Posts
    2,267
    Quote Originally Posted by sash
    That is so sweet. I was babysitting (guess it would be dogsitting) my sons and wife's 3 dogs a couple days last week while they got tile laid down. We have a little black dog that plays with one toy only so I had already put that up. But I let the "others" play with some old toys we had.
    LOL. Two of the "others" didn't bother them, but the third one (who is also a newly rescued pound adoptee) went through 3 different toys in just a matter of maybe a day. Two were rubber and he completely demolished those and tore off one end of a hot dog, which I rescued and stitched back together. I thought it was pretty funny. You gotta love this doggie; he was within days of going to "doggie heaven", I'm sure. So, I was just happy knowing he was going to be well cared for and loved. Actually, he's a pretty good dog. Nothing lost that can't be replaced and they were not loved toys by my dog. Just thought I would share.
    Thanks for the cute story.

  5. #30
    Junior Member rockie8903's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    263
    sooo cute...pepper looks so happy..

  6. #31
    Super Member almostfree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Rural Ohio
    Posts
    1,398
    What a great lady....and what a thankful pup!

  7. #32
    Senior Member Katiequiltsalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Science Hill,Kentucky
    Posts
    329
    That is the sweetest thing,enjoy Pepper!

  8. #33
    Senior Member Maggie_1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    986
    Oh!!! that was so sweet! I read that post several days ago, what a wonderful prize for Pepper!

  9. #34
    Super Member Quiltforme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Beautiful Washington state!
    Posts
    3,341
    Oh so cute I felt so bad for pepper what a kind thing to do for pepper she is so happy!

  10. #35
    Senior Member Sapphire_Rae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hamilton, MT, USA
    Posts
    793
    That is the cutest EVER!!! LOL. I love this board.

  11. #36
    Super Member sak658's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    down Houston way...
    Posts
    1,528
    Blog Entries
    1
    Nothing like a happy dog...

  12. #37
    Super Member OmaForFour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    1,385
    Blog Entries
    4
    When someone wants to do something like this, how do they go about getting the address to send it to without alerting the person so that it can be a surprise?

    Quote Originally Posted by craftybear
    so cute, this quilting board has lots of caring and nice members,

    Thank you all!

  13. #38
    Super Member Ditter43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Crystal River Florida
    Posts
    9,771
    :D :D :D

  14. #39
    Super Member Kellie G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    1,681
    Blog Entries
    5
    What a wonderful thing to do...It sure looks like Pepper is happy.

  15. #40
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,311
    Blog Entries
    5
    I just love a happy ending--thanks for sharing the pictures!

  16. #41
    Super Member dphelps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Melbourne,Fl.
    Posts
    2,668
    Such a sweet thing to do.Bless all three of you.

  17. #42
    Super Member desertrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Northern New Hampshire
    Posts
    1,943
    Quote Originally Posted by Carron
    "Oralee" from Flordia, is in deed a very special lady to us, especially Pepper (picture of him in avatar).

    After she read how the "they" (new members of the family) destroyed Pepper's beloved duck (toy) she took the time and effort to find an adorable soft cuddly duck and sent it to him.
    Needless to say that Pepper is a very happy camper.

    Oralee, THANK YOU! and from Pepper love, hugs and licks.


    Pepper seems very content with her "new best friend."

  18. #43
    Super Member Quilter7x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    north east
    Posts
    8,531
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by OmaForFour
    When someone wants to do something like this, how do they go about getting the address to send it to without alerting the person so that it can be a surprise?

    Quote Originally Posted by craftybear
    so cute, this quilting board has lots of caring and nice members,

    Thank you all!
    You have to be crafty and figure out who might be a friend of the person you want to send to, then see if they will assist you with that. I've done it several times! :lol:

  19. #44
    Super Member OmaForFour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    1,385
    Blog Entries
    4
    OK, Thanks for the hint!

    Quote Originally Posted by Quilter7x
    Quote Originally Posted by OmaForFour
    When someone wants to do something like this, how do they go about getting the address to send it to without alerting the person so that it can be a surprise?

    Quote Originally Posted by craftybear
    so cute, this quilting board has lots of caring and nice members,

    Thank you all!
    You have to be crafty and figure out who might be a friend of the person you want to send to, then see if they will assist you with that. I've done it several times! :lol:

  20. #45
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Alvarado Texas
    Posts
    140
    that is so precious

  21. #46
    Super Member nabobw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Pinellas Park Fl
    Posts
    4,965
    Blog Entries
    6
    so very cute

  22. #47
    Super Member tutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    1,040
    A picture says a thousand words and Pepper looks like a very happy baby!

  23. #48
    Super Member brendadawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    MN / GA
    Posts
    1,490
    Pepper is one happy camper now! And Oralee is a saint!

  24. #49
    community benefactor stitchofclass2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Illinois & Wisconsin
    Posts
    831
    Blog Entries
    33
    That is just too sweet. Love it!!!

  25. #50
    Super Member champagnebubbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Greenfield. Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,519
    Blog Entries
    1
    so sweet

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.