Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Visiting My husband in Indiana >

Visiting My husband in Indiana

Visiting My husband in Indiana

Old 03-20-2011, 08:28 AM

Hi everybody,

I need help please planning and making the best use of my visit to Indiana. My husband works/lives in Plymouth Indiana, and hasn't been able to visit me and the kids since Christmas :( , so we are going to spend a good 8 days with him next month, but i do need help from those who live in the area to advise what fun and exploring we can do. Also if anybody knows anything about charter high schools in the area i would love to take some ideas too.
Thank you all
Old 03-20-2011, 08:41 AM
Power Poster

In Plymouth - not really sure what all there is to see and do, but in South Bend be sure and go to Notre Dame and visit the campus, Ericas quilt store on Ironwood- Stitch n Time near Miami quilt store :wink:

South Bend also has a zoo, the Studebaker Muesum, The Oliver Mansion, the College Football Hall of Fame.

A day or two in Shipshewanna, it is an Amish community has Yoders and Lollys Quilt store- depending on when you come the Flea market might be open on Tuesday, Wednesday- also a really neat town to just walk thru and see everything lots of small shops.

That is what I can think of quickly - let me knwo what else might interest you.

Sorry can't be of any help with the school stuff, my kids are too old and don't follow them anymore :? LOL
Old 03-20-2011, 08:42 AM

I just retired from there, used to work at the JoAnn's store in Plymouth. Since you are going in April?, I would highly recommend that you drive up to South Bend, (approx. 20 miles or so,) catch the South Shore train and go over to Chicago for the day or 2. Great sites, wonderful museums, too. Museum of Science and Industry is great for all, adults and kids! It's still going to be chilly there, so dress warm, after all, it is the "Windy City". Enjoy your visit with hubby, and do tell us about it.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:43 AM

Wow thanks Sharon.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:46 AM

Thanks a lot. I forgot to mention that we are actually booking a hotel for at least one night there but i wasn't sure what to do. now you responded to my hidden thoughts.Do you what are the names of the places/museums. My kids LOVE science so they would really appreciate that.

Thanks again
Originally Posted by katsewnsew
I just retired from there, used to work at the JoAnn's store in Plymouth. Since you are going in April?, I would highly recommend that you drive up to South Bend, (approx. 20 miles or so,) catch the South Shore train and go over to Chicago for the day or 2. Great sites, wonderful museums, too. Museum of Science and Industry is great for all, adults and kids! It's still going to be chilly there, so dress warm, after all, it is the "Windy City". Enjoy your visit with hubby, and do tell us about it.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:54 AM
Power Poster

Chicago has the science and Industry- the Aquirium, Navy Pier which has a small muesum in it, Sears Tower, the Hancock building , depending on when you come in maybe a baseball game both the Sox and Cubs are there :thumbup: