wallet and purse returned

Old 07-17-2011, 04:44 AM

Now, now, now, I am an elderly person, and I don't use moth balls!!! LOL
Old 07-17-2011, 04:45 AM

My DD left her purse in her car,but took her wallet in her apt. During the night someone smashed her window with a brick and stole it. She got it back b/c a friend of a friend bought a designer knockoff purse from a guy for $15. He knew it was probably stolen , but bought it anyway. He wouldn't tell the police who it was b/c he was studying to become a cop and didn't want to get in trouble. My DD got her cards back,they had thrown them in the garbage at McDonalds and someone reported it. She was more upset about the purse(her favorite)than she was about her cards. But hopefully she learned not to even leave her purse in the car.
I have to admit that I leave my purse in my cart at the store all the time. Maybe I'll rethink that?
Old 07-17-2011, 04:49 AM

I am so sorry about your misfortune. No doubt it feels like someone knows many personal things about you, and I know from experience how that feels. It is so frightening. My heart goes out to you. I wish I could give you an actual hug and maybe even take you out to lunch. I pray that you will be able to not feel terribly afraid, when you go shopping again. Please take care.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:42 AM

I wear slacks with pockets. I have a mans bill fold that I carry my DL and small amout of cash and a debit card. I put it in my pocket and my keys in the other. I don't need a cell phone while shopping, it distracts me. I make my sacks light so they are easier to grab two or three and "sling" into the back seat. Not the trunk.
Old 07-17-2011, 06:13 AM

My daughter had a habit of leaving her purse in the cart while putting her groceries in the trunk. Someone drove by and lifted it out of the cart. Her keys just happened to fall out before they got very far. If not we would have been sitting there with no way to get home.

They used her debit card at Kmart to purchase $300 worth of stuff. They were men and her card had her picture on it. Needles to say they didn't look like her. They were on video but nothing was ever done about it.

They tried to use her drug card to buy gasoline. They were too stupid to know they could only buy stuff from pharmacy with it.

She now puts her purse in the front seat and locks the door before unloading her groceries.
Old 07-17-2011, 06:37 AM

So very sorry this has happened to you! :( I know that many people feel secure in fastening handbags with the 'seatbelt' but I guess this just goes to show that it really is not much of a deterrant. Again, very sorry!!!
Old 07-17-2011, 06:39 AM

I had my handbag behind the truck seat under a sweatshirt while horse back riding and when i came back it was gone. I din't know it was gone till I had taken the horse home and then reached behind the seat to get my bag. Yes, the doors were locked they popped the slide window open and reached in and took it.. You feel so violated. they must have been kids because they went right to the gas station and used the card to by cigerettes and soda. Spent 55 dollars and i had to pay the first 50.. I am always reminding people at the store not to leave their bags in their carts unattended. They sometimes are all the way at the other end of the isle..
Old 07-17-2011, 06:49 AM

That's a shame. I snaps mines on the buggy the same way. I will keep it on my shoulder from now on. Yes, times are hard, but why steal from others? There is Labor Ready and Able Body employment service that pays everyday. Get a job.
Old 07-17-2011, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
I carry mine across my chest. I can't afford to have mine stolen, my purse has something concealed in it. .
NOW you've got us all wondering...can you whisper what it is? <grin> :lol:
Old 07-17-2011, 07:00 AM

I have the metal clips that I use for my keys to hook my keys on my purse and one for all those little cards at the store for discounts and points. well I use the to hook my purse to the cart also the metal they see the child strap is hooked and can cut it but the hooks look like they are just hanging from my purse with the keys. you grab and the cart comes with you.. worked for me at wal mart.........the look on the face before she ran was great......