WalMart sales down & why

Old 09-24-2010, 07:01 AM

I agree with all of you, but you haven't touched on the worst problem which is the long check out lines. Not only enough cashiers, but no express lines, unless you consider 20 items express. And there are always the people who buy 14 each of 20 items and think they're entitled to be in that line. I wish they had at least one 5 item line. My Walmart is not too far away, and I would run in for milk, bread and aspirin if I didn't have to wait in line for 20 minutes. My time is valuable to me, and I'm reaching the age that I can't stand in line that long. Manager just says he'll think about it...for 2 years! I go to Target.
Old 09-24-2010, 08:29 AM

I can remember traveling 35/55 miles to go to a walmart...when we got one I haven't been in it in 3 weeks LOL...no fabric, no older women's clothes in sizes 12/14 that I want...they need to wake up big time.
Old 09-24-2010, 09:53 AM

The first quilting guild I belonged will cease its activities simply because Wal-Mart closed the fabric dept. To reach the first quilting store, they would have to cross the whole island of Montreal. It compared with living in New Jersey and having to go to Manhattan, New York. Ig you to the quilt store you pay a FQ between $3.50 to $4.00 dollars, by the yard, it is never cheaper than $15.00 plus 13.5% tax
Old 09-24-2010, 09:59 AM

My theory on Wal-Mart is that they are slowly
phasing out all brands and will eventually
only stock their GP brands.
Every time I go in there something else is
discontinued.
J J
Old 09-24-2010, 04:59 PM

I am really upset that WalMart is stocking the shelves with their brand name products thinking they will force us to buy it. Let alone not carrying fabric anymore. In my town they don't even carry angel food cake mixes or pumpkin. I feel like filling my cart and when I am not able to find a item they used to carry and now they dont', just leaving my cart right where it is at and leaving a note in it that I am going to shop somewhere where there are a bigger variety of products. LOL
Old 09-24-2010, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by QBeth
Just read this story online about Wally World sales being down and what they think caused it. If anything, the story lends hope to keeping fabric at WalMart. Check out the fourth paragraph.
----------------------

NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Wal-Mart's (WMT) issues may have nothing to do with price or assortment, but a change in shopping patterns.

The discount behemoth's new CEO Bill Simon attempted to quell investors fears during Goldman Sachs' Global Retail Conference taking place in New York this week, regarding declines in U.S. same-store sales.
"Today's consumers are opting more for shorter, quicker and more focused shopping trips -- not the 'stock-up' trips their mothers would take -- and Wal-Mart's U.S. stores are simply not designed for either the convenience or opportunistic shopping mission," Johnson said in a report. "Wal-Mart's real sales problem lies not in its 'Action Alley,' but in its anatomy -- 160,000-plus square feet stores that consumers find hard to navigate quickly or easily."
Maybe writing to WalMart's CEO is counterproductive. Maybe we should contact Goldman Sachs and explain to them why we shop less at WM. I wrote the CEO several years ago when our local WM lost it's fabric section thanking him for saving me money. I explained that I had formerly been going to WM at least two or three times a week for a piece or two of fabric and always ended up buying $50 to $100 in groceries and other items. When I quit shopping for fabric there I only went in once or twice a month and was spending a lot less money.
Old 09-24-2010, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by duckydo
I am really upset that WalMart is stocking the shelves with their brand name products thinking they will force us to buy it. Let alone not carrying fabric anymore. In my town they don't even carry angel food cake mixes or pumpkin. I feel like filling my cart and when I am not able to find a item they used to carry and now they dont', just leaving my cart right where it is at and leaving a note in it that I am going to shop somewhere where there are a bigger variety of products. LOL
Lets ALL do that and see what an impact that will have!
Old 09-24-2010, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by catmcclure
Originally Posted by QBeth
Just read this story online about Wally World sales being down and what they think caused it. If anything, the story lends hope to keeping fabric at WalMart. Check out the fourth paragraph.
----------------------

NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Wal-Mart's (WMT) issues may have nothing to do with price or assortment, but a change in shopping patterns.

The discount behemoth's new CEO Bill Simon attempted to quell investors fears during Goldman Sachs' Global Retail Conference taking place in New York this week, regarding declines in U.S. same-store sales.
"Today's consumers are opting more for shorter, quicker and more focused shopping trips -- not the 'stock-up' trips their mothers would take -- and Wal-Mart's U.S. stores are simply not designed for either the convenience or opportunistic shopping mission," Johnson said in a report. "Wal-Mart's real sales problem lies not in its 'Action Alley,' but in its anatomy -- 160,000-plus square feet stores that consumers find hard to navigate quickly or easily."
Maybe writing to WalMart's CEO is counterproductive. Maybe we should contact Goldman Sachs and explain to them why we shop less at WM. I wrote the CEO several years ago when our local WM lost it's fabric section thanking him for saving me money. I explained that I had formerly been going to WM at least two or three times a week for a piece or two of fabric and always ended up buying $50 to $100 in groceries and other items. When I quit shopping for fabric there I only went in once or twice a month and was spending a lot less money.
This just might be the best way to make our point...certainly hasn't done any good going to Walmart. Maybe shareholders need to know what the customers think..imagine that..."listening to the customer" Novel idea!!@!@!@
Old 09-24-2010, 05:41 PM

Need info..how do we get in touch with them?
Old 09-24-2010, 06:55 PM

Parafin oil is a purified oil that does not smoke when used in oil lamps that we should keep on hand in case the power fails during the winter or during the stormy season.